“Gorgeous!!!!!”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
“Gorgeous!!!!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2004

We were just at Sandals Mo Bay from Feb.5-10 for our wedding. We had a group of 14 people with us and EVERYONE loved it there. The grounds are beautiful, the people are wonderful and the rooms in the Almond Block are amazing! Yes, the planes can be loud but we barely noticed them and if you don't like something, just ask to have it fixed and t will happen. The stray cats are adorible and they don't bother you unless you call them and everything was VERY clean. The men in the kayaks can be a little annoying but just tell them "no" and walk away. Actually if you talk to them sme, they are very interesting people. On the day of our wedding my husband gave one of them a piece of our wedding cake and he gave me a beautiful ankle bracelet. Our wedding was everthing that I imagined it would be- a couple of glithces, but what wedding doesn't have those? I will say that we did run into some problems with A FEW select people at the resort (our original wedding coordinator and some of the people on the concierge staff), but all in all it was an amazing trip for everyone involved. We were extremely sad to leave and we definetly plan on going back. To the people that write all of these horrible reviews I don't think we were at the same resort. If you are planning a wedding at Mo Bay just send me an e-mail and I will give you some pointers that you don't know about until it is all over, but they wil save you some money. IGNORE ALL OF THE BAD REVIEWS- they will just make you nervous for no reason at all!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,227)
Reviewed February 11, 2004

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon last December and experienced her camera being stolen out of her bag by a member of the bar staff. A police investigation proved this, but we've yet to get the hotel to compensate us. This has taken over three months, and now the hotel G.M. won't even return my calls. This happened on the third night we were there, and pretty much soured us on this hotel. We will NOT return to this hotel.

Reviewed February 5, 2004

We stayed at Mo Bay Jan 22-28. Incredible! The weather was perfect and the resort was everything we had hoped for. We were upgraded to an incredible room right on the water... STEPS from the water! We are in our 30's and we were very impressed. The staff was friendly and it was not the fall down get drunk atmostphere that some make it to be. It turned into a very romantic trip. OK Corral and Toyko Joes were our favorite restaurants. Piano bar was a lot of fun although the party doesn' t really start until 11, which after a full day, is way to late for us old people! We only made it 1 night! We took the resort scuba course and went on a dive. What an experience. The airplane noise is not bad at all. Actually quite funny. Just wave and kiss your spouse!
We traveled to Negril for a day and over to SRC one evening and heard several planes at both places. The booze cruise was fun. Make sure you go down the slide at Margaritaville. We stopped at Rick's cafe in Negril. The view is amazing and jumping off the cliffs is a blast.
Overall, it was a great trip. We will go back! Please don't let bad reviews scare you. A trip is what you make of it. Anything that doesn't go just so just does not matter because you are on a beautiful beach with clear water and clear skies! No Problem, mon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 30, 2004

Things we Liked: The buffets were good and very well presented. We had withdrawals from the jerk chicken after we left. Definetely loved the pool bar, the night shows, and the beach--lots of extra chairs. THe snorkeling trip (free) was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The water was about 50 feet deep and you could see straight to the bottom.
Saw lots of fish and coral. The stray cats were not a problem, and we had fun feeding them scraps. Overall great all-inclusive destination

What We Did NOT like: We left the resort to go shopping downtown. I have been out in foreign countries but I have never been so terrified for my safety. People are yelling at you from across the street. We were warned not to take certain taxis and we were the only americans in sight. I don't know if all caribbean countries are so delapidated and crime ridden--But DO NOT leave your resort in jamaica

• Stayed October 2003
5 Thank Lou B
Reviewed January 27, 2004

This is a great resort for those who want to do nothing more than lay out by the water, play in the pools, and drink, drink, drink! This is one resort that does not water down their alcohol!! We got so much rest and relaxation, and really felt we got our money's worth. The breakfast and lunches are all buffet style, which I was not a big fan of. And the dinners are okay, but the waiters are extremely rude and slow. Best restaurant: Tokyo Joes- You can make your own stir-fry. Very tasty!
Watch out for the guys who pull up to the beaches and gazebos to sell carved drift wood...they reek of pot. Also, the day & night activities are a lot of fun. Watch for the newlyweds game...that was hysterical!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 26, 2004

What can I say. I stayed at Sandals Montego Bay from January 16th to the 23rd and I could barely make myself leave. It was like living in paradise. The reviews on this page are scarey, but I honestly don't know what kind of people are writing bad things. I can't imagine the most spoiled person not finding the resort nothing but amazing. I will say that the planes were really loud and I never did really get used to them, but they do stop at night so I was never woken up by one until around 8 or 9AM. Trust me, the planes are nothing compared how amazing the resort looks and how serine life is there. Please email me with any questions. I really want everyone to understand that many of the reviews below are unfair. This was the best vacation of my life. My boyfriend and I never felt more in love or more alive. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 23, 2004

My wife and i were there Jan.11-15. We loved it as much as the first time we went. Instead of going on the "booze cruise" this time,we snorkeled with the Sandals resort crew then,took the shuttle bus to Sandals Inn. We walked to Jimmy Buffet's place to have lunch and returned on the shuttle bus. The Almonds Block was beatifully remoldeled. I only wish i had more time. The worst part of the trip was back at the airport in Houston. Whoever hires for the different Government agencies involved hires the rudest most dissrespectfull people in the U.S..Maybe they will realize that the taxpayers and air travelers pay their salaries! Luckily,the hospitality of the Jamaican people overshadowed the negatives of the trip. Dunn's River Falls washed our cares away. We can't wait to go back.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member