We've just returned from 2 great weeks in Sandals montego bay. There is soooo much I could write but it appears most people have said it all. I'll sum it up as quick as I can and give you some hints and tips on who looks after you.We travelled for 10 hours from the Uk. tired when we got there, but welcomed with big smiles, made to feel at home straight away. Shown to our room, in Seagrapes block. Well equipped- great tv, ideal for after a tough day sunbathing and just wanting to relax for 30 mins. lots of channels for all nationalities. Shower- not bril, but ok, always produced hotwater, thats a bonus!
Food was great, both here, and at Royal carib, where we spent several nights sampling their restaurants. special mentions here for Corey on the bar, (always trying hard to impress with his new drinks- great energy), Dominic- new and learning fast. Andre in the Thai, fab service- great smile 6star service, also at the Thai, Lilley- fab welcome, very professional, made us feel wanted.
At the Montego bay- entertainment team were good fun- special mention for "the man" Keymar. great guy- big smiles, welcoming nature and really made the effort to look after guests, Never seered away from saying hello, even when hes busy- thats what hosting is all about. Andrew in the cricketers-hillarious! what a barman- ask fora rainbow! You wouldnt believe what it is- amazing- I taught him a deaparado too- he'll be offering that as part of his service by now!
Management- all seemed nice polite, and kept pretty much out of the way until called for, which is what we want.
Entertainment fab on the whole- 1 particular singer was one of the best we have ever seen, and should be there weekly, but she isnt unfortunately.
The foods- top notch. simple as that. If you stick to the Jerk hut every lunch you miss out on the buffet, try that occasionally, its wonderful. Tokyo joes restaurant= ok. Not such a choice here, but the theatre of watching your main course being made in front of you makes it. we found this the weakest of the restaurants- but still good. Cucina Romano Italian- good, and in a great setting again. Oleander- very nice, little stuffy and formal for us, but it was supposed to be. Our favourite though was the Bayside- no bookings, casual wear- relaxed, but efficient. Great ribs, Steak, Tilapia- the list goes on.
Just a quick line about the water sports guys- always trying to get you to upgrade your choice by paying for things like wet suits, scuba courses etc, but its there job, you can always say no, on the whole good bunch, use their facilities, it helps to make the holiday.
Island routes trips are owned by Sandals- we tried 1 excursion(go native) and didnt really enjoy it. We found it to be overpriced for what you got, it missed the whole idea of what we wanted and seemed like it was all about comission for the company.but Dalton the guide was great,so knowledgable and the driver was great too.
I could keep writing all night, but enough to say- Sandles isnt the cheapest- but once you have paid your money you are there. Its dearer for a reason, they do seem to go the extra mile.
Its worth your while to just try once- you may be hooked!
We have joined the Sandals club and will be returning- just maybe not or the excursions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay