Best vacation!!!!! Let me start by saying that i read a lot of reviews to try and decide which Sandals to take my fiancé to for his first sandals experience. I had been to beaches in Negril myself for a wedding 10 yrs ago and loved it there. I'm happy to say we made the right decision selecting Montego Bay. We traveled the 3rd week of Mach 2013. It never rained but was very windy in the afternoon, so get an early start with any water sports. Theres plenty of included water activities.The staff is top notch. Our very first day we connected with a young gal named Kadian in the bayside cafe for lunch. She was so sweet and always went out of her way to take care of us. The food was awesome.oh a helpful hint...make sure you make your reservations the first night you get there or they could get booked up. We didn't care for the oleanders it took us 2 hours to finish. The staff didn't seem to happy to be there that night. Our favorite was the French restaurant at the royal Caribbean oh and the tai food there was good too and Andre was an excellent server. If you could tip,he would of been given a big one. Excursions ... We went on the reggae cruise if you want a little party time it's good I cold of passed. The age group is 30's 40's and 50's A great mix. The only negative thing I could say about the resort is the availability of chairs at the pool and on the beach. Even if you get up early to reserve a chair, its still not a guarantee that you will get them.There are 2 pools and they are not that big. The beach is nice, if your looking for the best beach Negril hands down. The best thing about the travel was the staff. They were always very friendly and courteous. We loved how there was always something to entertain us. Daily activities as well as nightly entertainment.
Another helpful hint in regards to the rooms. We stayed in the Sea Grapes building on the 3rd floor with a beautiful view. When you upgrade pay attention to the level floors that's what your paying extra for is no obstruction. The best building in my opinion is the Palms. It's located right on the beach and centrally located to everything. The first floor you literally can walk right to the sand on the beach. The waterfront edge is also located close to the restaurants and main lobby.
We loved Sandals and will be returning but probably to the Ocho Rios resort just to try another Sandals or St Lucia. FYI the planes are loud but you get use to it and it makes up for the short 10 min ride from the airport. When we checked out we paid extra for the mobay express checkout worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Prestigia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay