“Great Vacation in March” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandals Montego Bay

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Detroit
“Great Vacation in March”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just returned from our annual trek to MoBay Sandals and it was great. This is our 4th time to MoBay and while we are Sandals Select returnees and are treated to better lodging than first timers, we dine, drink and play in all the same places. The staff, like always, is friendly and helpful and for our purposes prompt on requests. Maybe I and my wife are more assertive or overtly friendly but we have never had an issue with drink ordering or dinners taking "too long" to arrive. This is a decompression time for me and my spouse as both of us are "executive types" used to quick actions and prompt responses. But down in Jamacia we are in a different "time zone" and I don't mean clock. It is a time to slow down and smell the roses or count waves (and there were a lot of them this year) and recognize that slowing down isn't all bad. When we arrived the weather was not the best and weren't able to do anything water related for the first 3 or 4 days because of heavy wave conditions, but day 5 and 6 had us in the water and on the HobiCats having a ball. We ate dinner at all resturants but the Olander, at MoBay, cuz I hadn't brought any closed toe shoes and the Regency at the Royal and except for an issue with the quality of the Beef served on two separate occasions, everything was great. As my wife states there were 7 Great Sunsets, 7 nights of Dancing and 7 great days with the one she loves. We have already booked for next year and as Mr. Z said as I was leaving "if you don't leave you can't come back to Jamacia" and coming back is what we look forward too, (only 360 days to go).

Room Tip: the 100, 200 and 300 room are closer to the entertainment area's and until 11pm can be a bit lou...
2 Thank DetroitCaribTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,211)
Lowell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My favorite part of this resort was the playmakers. There was plenty to do during the day. Every evening it was great to know that there would be a show around 8. The playmakers did a great job of making us feel like special guests. They know everyones name and do a great job of inviting the guests to events. The food was great. We did not feel rushed when eating. There was not a long wait for drinks. If I could change one thing I wish there was one big pool like Antigua and Royal Carribean. A special shot out to Kendria and Kemer.

Room Tip: The grapes building was nice because it overlooked the tennis courts (quiet at night) and on the oth...
1 Thank rich w
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went to Sandlas Mo Bay March 2-9, 2013 and it was not worth the $$. We like to do things quickly and move on...not this year! When we went to eat it took 10 minutes to get a drink, then another 15 for your appetizers another 20 for the main course and if you were lucky 15 for your dessert. It would take almost 2 hours to eat dinner! If you want to eat at one restaurant at 6:00 and another later, too bad b/c it takes the whole evening to get your food. We tried to do one at 6 and another at 9 but we didn't leave the first til almost 8 and all we got was 1 appetizer, 2 meals, and 2 desserts. At the Bayside we sat for 15 minutes at 8:40 and no one ever came to serve us. They were not busy at this time. Again at the Bayside we ordered desserts and it took 23 minutes. It was only a chocolate moose!! The food was pretty good but not worth the wait or the money we paid to be there. I tried to take a bath and the water just dripped into the tub. It ran for 30 minutes and was barley above my ankles. While in the shower the water cut off completely! Had to call the front desk and wait for them to turn the water back on while I stood in the bathroom covered in soap. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever felt. Hurt my back and neck. The pillows had no fluff to them either. I asked for my refrigerator to have Ginger Ale. Everyday they said they were out. The photographers were a bit pushy this year. My husband and I are not into PDA, so if we say no to kissing on camera, PLEASE don't continue to push us to kiss and hold each other. I understand some couples want many poses of them all over each other but we don't. No means NO! I know the sun wasn't out much that week but water sports only out 1 day! Really?? The room was clean but needed to be upgraded. Stains on the bathroom counters are going to happen but for the price we pay for 1 week I expected more. We upgraded from our room last year. This room was higher up (better view) but the one last year was in better condition. Will not waste my money ever again!! If you still choose to go, I hope you have a better time than we did, cuase coming home after a bad week vacation, and all that $$ down the drain SUCKS!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Erica W
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We're so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. This is certainly not our standard and we would like to correct the situation and make things right. We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to turn this around and offer the luxurious experience for which we are known.

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to making contact with you regarding this matter.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just returned from sandals montego bay a couple of days ago. Overall, the hotel and overall experience was great!

The best parts of the hotel are the proximity to the airport (only took 5 mins) the entertainment, and the staff! There is never a dull moment.. The playmakers do a great job to make sure everyone is having fun and entertained. We were able to win many prizes through the various activities they offer during the day and at night.

We were not impressed with the food at dinner.. The portions are small, we learned to order an extra entree to ensure we were full. It is also a hassle that most of the restaurants require reservations, we got in on Monday and could not get a reservation until Thursday. Another drawback was the room. Our TV didn't work and was very old. We don't spend much time in the room at all so this didn't really impact our time.

All in all, our vacation at Sandals Montego Bay was great. The beach is beautiful and jamaica is truly paradise.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Missalextravels
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent our honeymoon here from February 24th through March 2nd. The service was fantastic. The food was decent, but we thought we would have had 24 hour room service, but were told when we got there it was only the butler service rooms and higher. We had the honeymoon concierge walkout room in the almonds building. Great view and it was nice to be on that side of the resort as it was less busy. The room was a bit on the small side but clean and just enough for what we needed. The jerk chicken and pork from the beach grill was fantastic. We also enjoyed the pizza and the Italian restaurant. We loved that they have soft serve ice cream during the day next to the beach grill. The pools were nice, but on the smaller side although we never had an issue with the actual pool being too full. We did however not like the fact that most people were up and had towels laid out on the beach chairs before 7am and then we wouldn't see ANYONE at these seats all day! It was tough some days to find two empty chairs. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: Look at the resort map and try not to pick a room in the middle as they set up events and vendors th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brigette123
We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful honeymoon with us at Sandals Montego Bay. We strive to create romantic and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad we were able to achieve that goal during your stay.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay in the near future.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my second Sandals experience in the last two years. I went to Antigua last March which was great, but overall my experience at Montego Bay was better. The food was great! I found the staff to be extremely friendly and fun! The Playmakers (Kemar and Kendria in paticular) made this such an enjoyable expeirence. They really know how to make the guests have a good time. I can not wait to go back and visit a wonderful group of people! Thank you Kemar and Kendria and the rest of the Sandals team for making this a wonderful experience!

4 Thank Danielle D
Thank you for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. It's so great to read that you had a relaxing and romantic visit with us. We always want our guests to have a wonderful time in a comfortable and worry-free environment filled with friendly staff who are eager to serve. I will be sure to share your kind words with Kemar and Kendria. They will be so proud to hear of your mention.

We hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Happy Travels!

Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Upon arriving at Sandals Montego Bay I was greeted with “First time in Jamaica? Well then, welcome home Mon”. At the end of our 9 days I could not believe how true a statement that was spoken just a short week and a half ago. I watched my family and children smile from ear to ear for almost every minute. (Our children being from age 18 to 21, with a total of six of us, plus our newly adopted daughter, Kendria.) I’ll start with the food…..everything from a beach pizza to Tokyo Joes, outstanding. More than one occasion the pizza never made it from the shack to the shuffleboard court. My concierge, Rayon, was more like an old friend that I had not seen in years, I give big shout out to my main Irie man. I see you next Feb…straight! My other concierge, Regon, thanks for hanging with me while I waited for my shot at the talent (or lack of) contest,” No problem Mon”, he smiled. Just let your Irie come out. Ok now the bars… do I have a favorite? No..why? There is no best, only great. But I have to say, for some thumping night life you HAVE to go to the Cricketer, and please order the rainbow shots; you will not believe your eyes. The stay at one and play at 3 is such a wonderful option. The Island on the Royal Caribbean is so cool; we were there a few times. As for the fuzzy mornings, I highly suggest the omelet made by the wonderfully cheery Dione .I waterskied for the first time in 30 years and when I told the driver he responded with” Ya Mon, no problem”. Little did I know that yes, I was home…we count the weeks…big respect Mon…straight. Oh, so that it looks that I’m not just sucking up for a free night… The door keys for 717 sucked! The concierges told us it may have been a magnetic problem, cellphone, camera etc., perhaps my personality?! NO PROBLEM!

Home soon
Anthony P Fiore
P.S. I almost forgot Luigi, the tuxedo cat who came and visited nightly. You guys think of everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sandals South Coast
#1 of 1 in White House
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,573 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!