Don't be fooled by the negative reviews, this charming resort exceeded our expectations. We just returned and I wanted to do my part and share just how amazing the resort was.
We upgraded to the Honeymoon Oceanfront in the Almonds Building. Awesome location... Our second floor balcony overlooked the beautiful seaside. We thoroughly enjoyed our stocked bar and the concierge services. This upgrade was well worth the extra money.
One of the greatest features of this resort is its proximity to the airport. We were in our room within an hour of landing - seamless operation.
The planes fly over the resort periodically. You cannot miss their presence, but they are quick.
Food was excellent and service is always phenomenal. We went to Tokyo Joes, Stewfish, La Cuccina, The Royal Thai and The Oleander. The Return Guest dinner had amazing surf and turf, the beach party had a great selection of food too.
Beach lunches at The Mariner were sooo good - jerk chicken, Jamaican patties. They also serve homemade wood fired pizza, calzones... Don't forget the indoor buffet at The Bayside.
Drinks were plentiful - we easily found all of the premium brands. Don't be afraid to ask. (Jamaican Smiles, piña coladas with dark rum and Purple Rain) The Red Stripe is on tap and you can find Guiness at the Cricketers)
Entertainment was pretty good, the majority seem to go to bed after the nightly entertainment finishes. There is always a Dj in the Cricketers and the Piano Bar is a great spot after 1030.
Water sports are amazing - hobie cat, tubing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling.. Soooo fun. Playmakers do their best to keep things fun in the sun.
I could go on and on,
We loved it and we will return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay