“Very nice but too close to the airport”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Jenks, Oklahoma
“Very nice but too close to the airport”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here along with 2 other Sandals properties in September. (Royal Caribbean and Ocho Rios). The property is very nice and the service was outstanding. It's very close to the airport and you can definitely see and hear the huge planes come on and off the island.
Our room was on nice and spacious with a stunning view of the ocean. The view was just breathtaking.
We really enjoyed the entertainment at this property. The Cricketers Pub was a neat place to hang out at night. I would say this property is very active compared to the other Sandals we stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Heard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,267)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great resort; great staff; great time. A perfect week! Although everyone made our trip great, when you go, make sure you look up Kimberly in the Cricketer. She's absolutely amazing! The beach is just beautiful, and there are loads of activities to appeal to everyone. Be sure to check out the entertainment at night, because there are really fun shows to see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KJau
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of Sandals Montego Bay. We're so happy to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. I will be sure to pass your review on to Kimberly. She will be to proud to hear of your kind mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience in the near future.

Cassie C.
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff at the resort is superb,Nickesha, Gerdeen, Robert (chef) and Robert (waiter) to name a few. I am a very picky eater and was nervous about the restaurants but tried them all and was always satisfied. We stayed in the presidential suite it was spacious and beautiful but I really fell in love with the bathroom, lol. I had an issue last year because there was so many cats on the property, I'm allergic. I spoke to the staff (Jules) prior to my visit and she did her best to make sure I was not disturbed by cats. The only issue I have is the smoking. I wish there was a designated area for smoking but the truth is I didn't let anything disturb my vacation. I have to say this is my second visit and I truly felt like family. The "Welcome Home" greetings. The SSG gala was fabulous. If you want to experience paradise this is the place for you 'Sandals Montego Bay"

Room Tip: I recommend getting a suite before the swim up bar because the walk is long especially after several...
1 Thank Katrina S
We're so honored to have had the chance to celebrate such a milestone in your lives with you. I'm happy to know that the amazing staff at Sandals Montego Bay was able to not only meet your expectations but also exceed them during your stay.

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to forward your comments to our managers and staff. They will be so glad to read your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another truly amazing experience.

Cassie C.
essex
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just back from a two week stay at Sandles Montego Bay and it was just ' perfect ' everyone was so nice and friendly, Nickesha and Damaar worked very hard on the beach keeping us supplied with drinks, did'nt know there were so many different cocktails...think we tried them all !!

Our room was very spacious with a well equiped fridge that was topped up on a daily basis.

We tried all the restaurants which were all very nice I'm a vegetarian and had plenty to choose from. It was easy to get to the other resorts on the shuttle bus.

Went snorkeling and saw the pretty coral and fish. We also enjoyed visiting Dunn River Falls and climbing the waterfall.

The only negative comment would be the smoking in the piano room and also the main bar.

Room Tip: Room no.610 on the first floor had perfect view overlooking the sea.
3 Thank gallyEssex
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Sandals Montego bay between Christmas and New Year and had a really fun time. Plenty to do (if you chose to do anything), easy access to the other Sandals resorts (for more restaurants) and really friendly staff. We had a Concierge room on the 3rd floor, away from the entertainment area which was nice and quiet. The balcony overlooking the sea was private and had more than enough space for 2 people with a table. Food was pretty good - a nice variety of restaurants and lots of choice. The airport is really close by, so you hear the planes during the day. Fortunately there are no flights at night. There are not a lot of umbrellas and shaded areas, so if you want a shady spot for the day, best to reserve your spot. We love Sandals - it's such an easy holiday with nothing to worry about. We'll be trying out another Sandals later this year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CD_Texas
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My fiancé surprised me with this trip and I must say I was very happy with the resort. I had no idea where we were going but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very welcoming and kind. The resort is very romantic and the pool is amazing. We had an amazing time snorkeling and the beach was clean and well maintained (although the water was cold). The food was average but there are enough restaurants to make up for it. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MJad1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to Sandals, Montego Bay in January 2013. We had the best time!!

The food: Awesome! I have a gluten allergy and they were so accommodating. The Chefs would come out and talk to me everywhere I went. Andre, the food coordinator made sure I was healthy and happy!

The Staff: This was the most friendly staff I have stayed with and we go somewhere every year. They are all smiles and ready to chat or joke with you at all times. They are ready with any request. The playmakers were sooo much fun! They actually got us moving, which normally does not happen. Hartlon was our favorite playmaker and really took the time to make sure we were having a great time.

The entertainment: Very fun! Always something to do!

The Room: We had a Water's Edge Walkout Honeymoon Suite. It was beautiful, right on the water. The room was clean and the fridge was stocked all the time. Great red wine ready to go!

The planes: They are close and a reminder that you will have to leave soon :(. But it is 5 seconds, no big deal. We landed and were laying on the beach within an hour, even already in our rooms and changed! It is a tradeoff!\

We have learned what the "Sandal's difference" means and we will be back!

8 Thank Paplap
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Half Moon
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!