We stayed at the Sandals Royal Caribbean, but were able to use the stay at 1 play at 3 feature they offer. This is definitely the largest and has the more party like atmosphere of the three resorts! With that being said, we used this resort for our Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. (We were married while down in Jamaica, at the end of a week long stay. We brought a large group down with us and decided early on that would have our parties down there as there are all sorts of activities to do – plus, free drinks! Can’t beat that! )
The girls and guys split up in the morning/afternoon and did our own things. The resort is large enough that we never saw each other. The guys did all the water sports – tubing, skiing, knee boarding, etc…. My husband said it was a blast. The water was a little rough but it just added to the excitement. He wants to give a shout out to the playmakers too, as they were a main part in their fun. I guess there were pool games and such with drinking races involved - I don’t know much more - as it was a bachelor party ;o)
The girls had planned a snorkeling trip, but we were unable to go because the wind was fierce, making the water too choppy. So instead we hung out on the BEAUTIFUL beach drinking steal bottoms and swimming in their crystal clear water. It was a HOT-HOT day, so the drinks went down fast! The bartenders at the main beach bar were great; they made us all sorts of special drinks! We didn’t stray far from there and they kept us happy! We got pizza from Dino’s Pizzeria – the best pizza ever! So good we came back another day just to get it! (note: now they have a pizzeria at SRC but it hadn’t been built yet when we were there)
In the late afternoon we went back to SRC to clean up for dinner. Buses come often – they come and leave ON TIME! As long as you know the schedule you are great!
We came back to SMB for a group dinner. Silly us, we didn’t think about calling ahead and scheduling a group of 24 dinner. When we all showed up, they were a little thrown off, but handled it very well. The resort Manager came and spoke to us while they prepared seating or our group. He was a very kind and funny man. He spoke to my husband and I about love and marriage – it was just a special memory. They ended up putting us in the Bayside restaurant. The food was amazing!
We then went to the bar/amphitheater and enjoyed the steel drum band they had performing that night. The bartenders made us feel so special! One gentleman made a rose out of napkins that he then had my husband kneel and give to me!
We ended the night at Cricketers Pint @ SMB. This is the way to end the night! WOW! They had a DJ = Fun and Dancing, nuff said!
This was a fabulous place! The staff was so friendly. Even coming from a different Sandals Resort they treat you all the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay