“Nice but ... da plane! da plane!”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you stay here during the week, probably not as big a deal. But the multiple take-offs per hour on Saturdays and Sundays are atrocious. Totally breaks your relaxation groove.

The site is gorgeous, the rooms are nice, last-minute upgrades are common, the staff are pleasant ... but the food is typical of an all-inclusive. Its mediocre at best. We also had a constant problem with our toilet not flushing properly for which we must have called janitorial services 10 times in 2 days. We started using the public washrooms instead to avoid the problem

The beach is gorgeous, and the water divine. Rent out a daybed with butler if you can. It was my favorite part of our stay. And the red line spa is worth the cost.

2  Thank Bunnyloper
Write a ReviewReviews (5,582)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was again a real favorite of all the Jamaica Sandals we stayed at. Great service, rooms, watersports, So Much fun. Food is absolutely Devine. People there go above and beyond. Loved the Spa and the Beach Party. The Sandals Select Dinner was awesome. Will be back ~~~~

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if they are able to they will do so. Ocean view, renovated is always the way to g...
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Simply the best, I was amazed at how well Andrea and Omar tool care of my husband and I. It is something I can't wait to do again. The whole sandals experience was amazing. From the food, And all the entertainment that is prepared for you trust me you can't go wrong

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Tmayhan2001
Reviewed November 12, 2012

When I started researching our honeymooon everyone told us to go ALL Inclusive & I'm so happy we chose Sandals Montego Bay. We were treated like royalty and I loved that the staff ALWAYS wore smiles. The service, food, views & accommodations went above and beyond our expectations. For entertainment, we enjoyed the live musical performances on the beach/sky dome and dancing the night away in the club. We only left Sandals three times the whole week, horseback riding on the beach, booze cruise and dinner at the Thai restaurant on the island at Royal Carribean. Horseback riding was worth every penny, the booze cruise was a blast and we made new friends and the dinner was the most romantic night we had, plus it didn't cost us anything because you can dine at the other Sandals for free.

I recommend paying for the conceirge level for the simple fact our first evening, Marvin helped us plan out our week, book our reservations & get a "game plan." Also, my husband was very happy to have our unlimited supply of alcohol/beverages in our fully stocked fridge in our room. Regan did a wonderful job fulfiling our requests daily, I would just leave a little note in the fridge with our "wish list."

Overall, the room was always clean and the cleaning ladies brightened my day with their cheerful attitudes. I have to give a special shout out to the lady who makes the world's best omlettes & started my day off right!! I felt safe at this resort and appreciated having a lock box in our room.

I left Montego Bay with friends I will never forget. Even though we were staying in a resort I loved getting to learn about local culture from Rickory in the beach bar. He was extremely personable and answered all my questions about life in Jamaica. Nickesha did an AWESOME job at the pool keeping our glasses full while we lounged on the pool beds catching rays, loving life. My best friend was Lilly who called Tokyo Joe's her "house" and took time to make sure we were having a great stay. I really felt like Sandal Montego Bay is my 2nd home and can't wait for return. Until then, I will cherish our professional photographs from Snapshots. Don't miss out on taking advantage of the free sunset & beach photo shoot. Kevin did a terrific job capturing the romance, excitement & fun of our Honeymoon! Thank you Sandals Montego Bay- ONE LOVE!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Waters Edge Concierge room was PERFECT with a private seaside patio.
1  Thank MrsOchs
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at this resort 11-3-12-11-10-12, we had our wedding Moon on the water at the Greek Gazebo and it was a perfect day, I had my hair and makeup done at the red lane spa and it came out just the way I wanted it!! I love how my makeup came out to!!!! I want to thank Chantel the wedding planner for making our day perfect and helping pick out our wedding songs I love her!!!!! I also wanna thank Nickroy for doing such a great job with waiting on us at our wedding reception cake cutting and all that very nice and professional!!!! I want to thank Orville for taking all our amazing wedding pics from snap shots!!!!!! We had the time of our life's everyone is so cool, nice, funny as hell!!!!!! Food was awesome especially the Italian restaurant!!! Buffalo solider drink my favorite!!!! let me say the playmakers were awesome Kendria sat with us at lunch time it was her second day on the job and she was so nice!!! Orando you can dance so good very talented, and the rest were awesome as well anyone who has something bad to day about this resort has serious problems, the one thing I do recommend bring Bug spray I got eaten alive by mosquitoes!!!! The airport is right near the resort yes you can obviously hear the Ames but you just wave and kiss your husband/ fiancé no worries ya mon

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sarbri1177
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went to Sandals Montego Bay for our first time in January and had a BLAST!! Everyone was friendly, met so many wonderful people from all over the world, and the staff at Sandals are Top Notch. For those who noted that Sandals Mo Bay did not meet your expectations... please remember.... its also what you put into the adventure that makes it worthwhile! Relax and have fun! Life's too short any other way.

I for one would have preferred a larger selection of wines, but hey a cold beer or a 'stirred just right' Martini worked well too.

We just booked our second visit for this upcoming January! Can't wait too get out of the cold, relax by the beautiful ocean, and of course meet great people once again.

Room Tip: We have a luxury seadside room. A little quieter, but nice and close to the main area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne J
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked Sandals Montego Bay for our honeymoon for 4 nights. When checking in they could not find our reservation even after giving both last names. Our plane was delayed coming into Montego Bay and they had informed us we missed the dinner reservations time so we were out of luck for dinner and would have to fend for ourselves. I was not happy when they said this, they could have been more accommodating to us. Upon arrival we had found out that we did not print the time of our departure flight and had gone to the front desk to ask if they could look it up. They told us no that we would have to pay to use the internet to look up our flight information and there was nothing they could do.

The pictures on the website and the book do not match up. Disappointed with the condition of our room. The bathroom was extremely tiny especially the tub. It could not accommodate two people, barely one person. When you took a shower, the shower liner would constantly stick to you. We did have an issue with the shower faucet coming off, we did talk to the front desk to have it taken care of. They said it was taken care of, but you had to be very careful when you pulled the stopper to have the water come from the shower head because the faucet would come out of the wall. The doors do not seal well and you can see the light from around the hinges.

The food was wonderful and the staff was very pleasant. The website boosts about how close they were to the airport, well they didn't tell you the airport was across the street. We would not have booked there if the website had let us known that. The noise of the airplanes were loud and often times annoying.

We had let the resort know we were celebrating our honeymoon and a bottle of sparkling wine was in our room when we checked in. But there was only one champaign glass and one wine glass. Found it odd that they wouldn't have checked this to make sure. The website said that the sparkling wine would be chilled and elegantly arranged in the room. This was not true. It was sitting on the corner of the table, not chilled and not elegantly arranged. Also, as part of celebrating your honeymoon they were suppose to turn down our bed along with rose petals. This never happened and I was very disappointed about this because I had been looking forward to it. Overall, I was very upset/disappointed with how the resort handled their honeymoon package.

We did book another vacation but to a different Sandals and are hoping for a better trip. We will not be staying at Montego Bay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple