“Not Ultra Inclusive”

Reviewed July 15, 2003

6  Thank Amy L
Everett,WA
Reviewed July 10, 2003

My wife and I just returned from our 9 day honeymoon at Sandals MO BAY.
We had a wonderful time. I believe that it was the most profitable money I have ever spent on a trip. We arrived, and they got us into our room early, and upgraded it which was awesome. The food was wonderful, the drinks were good, and I am sure I gained a few pounds on pina collada's alone. I could recomend this resort to anyone that is looking for an exciting peaceful vacation. I do have a few complaints however, I dealt with alot of the employees and was only impressed by two of them. For all my wife and I have heard about Jamaican hospitality and friendliness, we just did not see it. I was truly disapointed, I know that there are coulples like us coming and going every day, but, I have a job that deals with people and I feel that I am alot more personable than they were towards us. So if you go, spend some time at the piano bar with Kenroy. He is fun, and he makes the best drinks on the place.
A couple other things, I several times was singled out by employees and asked for tips, or told that I could "make their day alot better by giving them a present". Which is not terrible in itself, but when that person has not done anything to help you except call you into the corner to tell you this, its a little frustrating. Sometimes it would be nice to tip when someone stands out, but not when I get pressured.
Last but not least, is the aircraft! If you are doing much research on your trip you will find that the planes bother some people and not others. My wife and I were perfect examples. She had to plug her ears every single time a plane took off there on our 9 day stay, I only noticed because she had her fingers in her ears! So I hope this helps you on your quest for the perfect destination! OH yeah, and whatever you do, I WOULD NOT go to the Royal Carribean, boy, what a DIVE.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member