“Welcome to Jamaica”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed at Ridgeway for two nights before travelling around jamaica. It was very nice, comfortable and clean. A/C working perfectly, the guy is very nice (picking us up from the airport for free)! It is not that far to the beach, but I would propably prefer another hotel if I would just want to go swimming! And my tip for montego bay: there`s plenty more to see in jamaica, don`t waste your time just staying in this "Touristenhochburg"! :-)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fashion_rasta

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Colin the owner is really a nice and generous man, he offers free pick ups and drop offs from the airport and he even drives you to town. The rooms were clean and nice and although we booked a room for 4 people we had two seperate rooms in our suite with a private kitchen and bathroom. There are some car rentals just next to the guest house were you can get great prices for renting a car. The prices were very moderate for jamaican standards. All in all i just can say it was a pleasant stay and i totally would recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andi_Austria
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We knew we were in good hands from the moment Colin, owner of Ridgeway, picked us up from Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. Colin patiently provided the answers to our many questions about Jamaica's attractions and getting around the island. A car rental was available on the premises which was very convenient. Whenever possible, Colin gave us rides to the Hip Strip, location of beaches, restaurants, and shops or reached by foot in 20 minutes. Our room was clean, simply furnished with powerful A/C, microwave, mini fridge, cable TV and free WiFi. You can stay at an all inclusive hotel or you can save some money and get to know the real Jamaica by staying at Ridgeway Guesthouse.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Skidmore69
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Just got back from a 1 night stay. Very basic but very clean rooms. 3 minute drive to airport. Colin drove us everywhere we needed to go, knocked on our door at 4 am to make sure we were awake, then drove us to the airport at 4:30 am. The property doesn't have much for amenities, but Colin does everything possible to make up for it, and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Thetourist10
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I am a 21 year old male and I have never left Canada in my entire life. I went to Jamaica with nothing arranged and nothing planned. With the stroke of luck I found the Ridgeway guest house where I met Colin Tatem the owner.
He offered me the most exceptional price, clean and air conditioned room, where I stayed for 10 days.
Colin the owner was by far the nicest man I met my entire stay in Jamaica. I am so happy to now call Colin my friend, I will always keep in touch with him and plan to return to Jamaica in the near future and bring my finance to this beautiful place.
The Ridgeway will always be the place I stay when I travel Jamaica!
Colin I could never thank you enough for all you did, I promise to see you soon!

Your new friend David.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Davidk97
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We stayed at Ridgeway Guest House a couple of years ago, but I still remember how much we appreciated Colin's hospitality. We were relatively young when we made our trip to Jamaica and didn't really have any plan on what to do when we got there. Colin gave us advice and things to see and do, as well as places to eat. If you are patient, he will drive you to the beach or the main strip for no cost. The guest house itself is located on a well landscaped property and our room was clean and air conditioned. We loved the fact that we had a balcony and would hang out there in the evening listening to people listening to music, laughing and singing around a bonfire somewhere nearby. I would recommend this guest house for travellers who are on a budget and don't mind a walk or drive to the beach. If you are used to staying in all-inclusive resorts this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NRF_Ed_AB
Reviewed November 28, 2007

We loved our stay here it was a while ago but it is still fresh in my mind. Dont let the locals fool you, you can walk from the Airport to the guest house, or if your on top of things have Collin pick you up. He is a wonderful man, he showed us around the night we arrived in his car, telling us where to eat, and what not to do on the island!! Not to mention we loved our room, great veiw out to the ocean, and so quiet there!! The night before we left there was music wafting in our room that night, it was so beautiful and lulled us off to sleep, cant wait to come back, as we know where we will stay while in Montego!! I feel that it is easy to walk down to the beach from there, just keep on your toes crossing the street, they move fast and backwards to us Americans!! It is a 15 min. leasurly walk to Doctors Cave beach, which we really enjoyed too!!! You'd be dumb not to stay here in my opinion cause you get the real island vibe out where it's at!!

Stayed: August 2006