Ridgeway Guest House
Royal Decameron Montego Beach(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Pool
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
El Greco Resort(Montego Bay)
$96
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$216
$210
  • Breakfast included
Toby's Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$988
Priceline
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
$100
Priceline
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$253
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$328
$307
All reviewswest indiesminute walkguesthouseairporttaxijamaicachannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Just got back from a 1 night stay. Very basic but very clean rooms. 3 minute drive to airport. Colin drove us everywhere we needed to go, knocked on our door at 4 am to make sure we were awake, then drove us to the airport at 4:30 am. The property doesn't have much for amenities, but Colin does everything possible to make up for it, and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Thetourist10
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I am a 21 year old male and I have never left Canada in my entire life. I went to Jamaica with nothing arranged and nothing planned. With the stroke of luck I found the Ridgeway guest house where I met Colin Tatem the owner.
He offered me the most exceptional price, clean and air conditioned room, where I stayed for 10 days.
Colin the owner was by far the nicest man I met my entire stay in Jamaica. I am so happy to now call Colin my friend, I will always keep in touch with him and plan to return to Jamaica in the near future and bring my finance to this beautiful place.
The Ridgeway will always be the place I stay when I travel Jamaica!
Colin I could never thank you enough for all you did, I promise to see you soon!

Your new friend David.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Davidk97
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We stayed at Ridgeway Guest House a couple of years ago, but I still remember how much we appreciated Colin's hospitality. We were relatively young when we made our trip to Jamaica and didn't really have any plan on what to do when we got there. Colin gave us advice and things to see and do, as well as places to eat. If you are patient, he will drive you to the beach or the main strip for no cost. The guest house itself is located on a well landscaped property and our room was clean and air conditioned. We loved the fact that we had a balcony and would hang out there in the evening listening to people listening to music, laughing and singing around a bonfire somewhere nearby. I would recommend this guest house for travellers who are on a budget and don't mind a walk or drive to the beach. If you are used to staying in all-inclusive resorts this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NRF_Ed_AB
Reviewed November 28, 2007

We loved our stay here it was a while ago but it is still fresh in my mind. Dont let the locals fool you, you can walk from the Airport to the guest house, or if your on top of things have Collin pick you up. He is a wonderful man, he showed us around the night we arrived in his car, telling us where to eat, and what not to do on the island!! Not to mention we loved our room, great veiw out to the ocean, and so quiet there!! The night before we left there was music wafting in our room that night, it was so beautiful and lulled us off to sleep, cant wait to come back, as we know where we will stay while in Montego!! I feel that it is easy to walk down to the beach from there, just keep on your toes crossing the street, they move fast and backwards to us Americans!! It is a 15 min. leasurly walk to Doctors Cave beach, which we really enjoyed too!!! You'd be dumb not to stay here in my opinion cause you get the real island vibe out where it's at!!

Stayed: August 2006
6  Thank Jaded_grl
Reviewed October 21, 2007

I just read Sailorman51's review from September 2007 and was reminded of how wonderfully Colin treated me back in January 2004. I was going through some crazy emotional stuff, and Colin's hospitality, kindness, great service and excellent accommodations were just great and somehow therapeutic.

When I explained that I taught yoga, he showed me the area he was building for conference rooms and yoga and related events. Now, more than three years later, I will travel back to Mo Bay to see what business I can bring from Minnesota TO Colin at his excellent guest house. Kudos and thanks to you, Colin.

• Stayed: January 2004, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank gaia-ji