“Thank You”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This little hotel across the street from the airport is a great place to stay before or after your flight. Colin is a great host and was very helpful with picking us up from the airport No Charge and taking us to our Resort the next day for a small fee. he gave us a great tour along the way as we were not in any rush. The rooms were clean and the beds ok But they need to get better pillows as the ones we had were a quite flat. I would stay there again when getting in late or if you have an early flight and what to be close to the airport. Thanks Colin you are a great host and will see you next time we are in Jamaica

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ridgeway Guest House

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed there for two nights before flying out of MoBay. This place is really clean, spotless. This is especially great in view of the reasonable cost. This is not a resort, so don't expect that. But is it's a great place to stay if you plan on being out and about most of the day. Colin is very helpful and hospitable. The location is very good in that it's right near all the happenings in MoBay. We had a rental car and it was 5 minutes from there to the 'Hip Strip'. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have refrigerators and mini-sinks. All rooms have a hot pot for morning coffee.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alinguist
Reviewed January 11, 2014

we stayed at ridge way guest house and it was fine the service was great we also rent a car from Classique car rentals on the bottom road as well for our ten day visit and this service was excellent . I would recommend this hotel and car rental to others coming to Jamaica.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ridgeway was an amazing place to stay during my trip to Montego Bay!! The staff was very helpful and friendly and made sure you had anything that you needed. Definitely stay here if you are planning a trip to Jamaica!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to Jamaica back in June and used Trip Advisor to base my decision for the 3 different places I stayed across the island. 2 of the 3 were absolutely amazing, and I was so glad I had used this website to discover them.

Ridgeway Guest House and Collin (owner) have pretty good reviews on here so I decided to (almost) give it a try. Below are the three things that made this review a low rating.

1st- Location: My cab driver was from Montego Bay and he could not even find this place right away. Not many locals even know of this guest house when we asked how to get there. When we finally found it, it was no where near walking distance to the Hip Strip. It is tucked up behind some run down industrial park. You would be nuts to try and walk 30min all the way to town on the side of the highway with no sidewalk.

2nd- Appearance: The property is tucked away by itself far away from the Hip Strip behind industrial / commercial real estate. It is a building that also has offices for lease and is definitely no where near as nice as the pictures on the website. I will be honest though and say that the inside of the rooms were okay minus all the other stuff.

3rd- Collin / other employee- I had emailed Collin far before my trip and asked to reserve a room. He said no problem but never asked for my card or anything. Upon arrival, myself, girlfriend and cab driver ( a JUTA driver who I used the whole trip) felt very uncomfortable because of the location and appearance. When asked to check in, the lady at the front desk told me I did not have a reservation. I was about to leave (because we were very uncomfortable and she said I was not down for a reservation) when Collin came out to intervene. He was very pushy from the beginning and started to raise his voice when he found out we were leaving. It started to get VERY uncomfortable to the point of him yelling at us saying we have to stay with him...so uncomfortable that my cab driver stood up for us and made us get in the cab while he when and argued with Collin and told him "that's not how you treat guest in this country".

In the end, We went about a mile down the road to the top of the hip strip and checked into Toby's Resort for only 20 bucks more a night. Had 2 swimming pools, security guards, a/c,restaurant, etc. Awesome place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank C C
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I intended to spend my last night in Jamaica at the Ridgeway GH based on reviews and pricing. I called ahead to confirm the price (single room with fan) that I saw online (add approx 20 percent to account for taxes). The room that I was shown (on the first floor) is basic but clean with a fan that worked but it could not be positioned to face upwards. There is no TV in the room and this information was not told to me when I called in advance. There is an air conditioner but to use it costs an extra $10. The room faced the car park and at night I'm of the opinion that the net curtains would offer little privacy from potential onlookers below. I tried to negotiate staying in the room without a TV but with the air conditioning but the hostess was not authorized to make the decision (the manager had since left). I then departed and went elsewhere without spending the night at the Ridgeway GH. It is ideally placed to access the Montego Bay airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Pro‘s:

- The cleaning lady is very kind and provides a daily room cleaning if requested. She‘s also very communicative and is happy to give you any information or advice you need.

- The room is just awesome and very clean!!! There is a private bathroom, cable TV, fan or AC, a small refridgerator, a microwave and a sink, a balcony with chairs and a table, a small dining table inside, a wardrobe and a key-locked safe which is free to use.

- For the tourist town Montego Bay the price per night is very reasonable.

- The airport is very close and the town centre can be reached within 5min by taxi.

- There is a cafeteria at the University of the W.I. campus right next to the guesthouse. It provides you with freshly cooked jamaican food from 8am to 6pm.

Con‘s:

- Unfortunately there is no free wifi available in the room.
- For dinner, shopping, etc you have to take a taxi to reach the town centre.
- The pictures on their website can be a bit misleading, you can‘t really see the ocean from your balcony...

Room Tip: It gets really hot without A/C, especially when the fridge is on.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple