Ridgeway Guest House
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$568
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$218
$152
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$257
$227
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$339
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$660
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$503
$288
  • Pool
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$322
$269
Travelocity
  • Pool
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$374
$328
Bookit.com
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$501
$297
All reviewswest indiesminute walkguesthouseairporttaxijamaicachannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spent 2 weeks in September in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was my second time to Jamaica. The first was to Kingston some 10 years ago. At first I decided I should "live like a local" I took a taxi cab to the centre of St.James Street. It cost $100JM which is equivalent to 1.25US. For me this was not the right choice but I was unaware of the sights. Then I met Colin...just by chance, on my way to the University. This was the right choice.

Colin operates Ridgeway Guest House. I found this place by chance on a visit to the university. It is about three minutes drive to the airport and certainly within walking distance for those with little luggage. What impressed me was Colin's generousity of spirit. He offered and on several occasions took my son and I to various shopping destinations. He showed us the Montego Bay we were looking for. Yes there is the HIP Strip and other tourist attractions but sometimes you prefer to see what a "local" lives like. I appreciated Montego Bay because of Colin. He shows you how to get around and in the end you learn more than just the tourist areas and you save as well. For those of you who like to incorporate the "living like a local " theme in your travels..get to know Montego Bay the safe way, Stay at Ridgeway Guest House...It is not for families with small children. it will work for couples or singles or friends staying together. There is a rental car company on the compound as well.

Room Tip: This is a guest house, not a hotel. There is no restaurant on the compound.The location is perfect for getting to the airport. I did not see all the rooms but liked room 8 best from the 2 that i saw.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Sugarplantation
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found Ridgeway on Trip Advisor while at the airport waiting for my flight to Montego Bay. Called several places in the "budget" category and Colin was by far the nicest. The price was right, too, but $70USD for one night seemed too good to be true. "We'll see when we get there," my friend said. We're both seasoned travelers and skeptical but our fears were quickly dismissed. Colin picked us up when we arrived and right away, we had the sense that he was good people. The guesthouse is across the street from the airport so if you pack light, you can walk there. The rooms are clean, the water was hot, and the staff was friendly. We walked to the beach (though I'd recommend taking a taxi if you don't want to walk two mikes in the sun), Hip Strip and the famous Pork Pit other reviewers have mentioned. I definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank FAY0LA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

stayed here for a week and couple days. i felt safe being there and i liked the fact that the airport is very close by and the hip strip is also not far from there aswell. the room that i stayed had a balcony and a small kitchenette, pretty decent. I got excellent service and i enjoyed me stay in montego bay

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank lemar2k6
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After traveling around Jamaica, I needed to spend the night in montego bay to catch a flight th next afternoon. Colin, the owner of ridgewood, was fabulous. Honestly it was one of the most warm and welcoming experiences I've had in a hotel. The place is perfectly clean and convenient if you need toget to the airport. It's family-owned. Colin spent the morning driving me around the city. We ate porridge a juicy patties and he dropped me off at the pharmacy and beach. He went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, and was just a genuinely generous person. It was such a unexpectedly pleasant goodbye to Jamaica. Also the price is very good.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lizachka
Reviewed April 17, 2012

i stayed at ridgeway from march 27th to april 2nd . let me tell you. this place was better than much more expensive places i've stayed in mo'bay. this is my 5th time coming to jamaica and i've stayed all over the island.the rooms are real clean ,the location is right by the airport.and most importantly the rooms were very affordable.you have to catch a taxi down the road to get some real good jamaican food but the taxi's are cheap.there is a rental car place right beneath ridgeway so that was perfect because i had to drive to kingston for a few days.the owner offered to drive me to the airport on my departing flight.i've stayed at palmview guesthouse, big apple hotel, gloria's hotel and others and this place is my top pick.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple