“Great location and reasonable rates” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ridgeway Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
“Great location and reasonable rates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

The owner is friendly and goes out of his way to accomodate guests. We(four adults)stayed for four nights in January 2012. Colin picked us up at the airport, answered many of our questions that we had about the area, explained how to use the local transportation and took us to the local bus station(a main hub to catch buses going to and from tourist destinations around the island). Since our expectations are not based on a 5 star resort scale, we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank scrilla1998

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

i went to montego bay to do business, the guest house i normally stay was book solid because of the jazz and blue concert, every were i call was full when i call Mr Collin at Ridgeway Guet house he told me he has one room left i was so glad when i get there he was on the out side waiting for me he help me to my room he was so warm and friendly he took me to get some thing to eat because i was tired of driving he make sure i was comfortable he alway check to see if am ok. Ridgewaw Guest house is my new spot for staying when every time am in montego bay

Room Tip: i stay in a room were it has a nother room with two small bed in it good for family with children
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank stephanie e
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed last week for one night with Colin at the Ridgeway Guest House. As others have said, it's clean, simple, low cost, and directly across from the airport. I can think of two things to add to the comments I've seen. First is that if you get in late at night or have an early morning departure, this is a perfect spot. You'll save a bucket of money over another night at your resort or higher end location that you wouldn't fully have enjoyed anyway because of the late night arrival or very early departure. The second thing though is that Colin will hook you up with the car rental business that is based on his property. It wasn't a big name like Hertz, but they were honest and the car worked fine, and the price was $100/week less than what the big named car rentals were telling us. All told, I'd say Collin and Ridgeway saved us about $200, which bought a lot of jerk chicken and rum drinks for the week. Thanks Calin and Ridgeway!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank dsheon
Cambridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Not a bad option if you are on a budget. It is just round the corner from the airport. Colin will pick you up from the airport when you arrive. He understands that a bit of effort with the little things like that goes a long way with guests. He gave me a ride to the supermarket when he went and took me back to the airport when I left, which certainly was appreciated.

The room I stayed in was rather basic and so I'd say it would make a good base for people who want to explore the country by car rather than hanging around within the accommodation. Next to the guest house is a car hire company.

The room I stayed in had some cooking facilities, ensute shower and WC and a small TV with some cable channels. AC was available. It was clean enough.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HennersCambridge
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I've stayed there with my boyfriend one night at our arrival in Jamaica. Colin, the owner, is very friendly and came to pick us up at the airport. The rooms was spacious and have all the commodities we needed to spend a very good night. I would definitely book again everytime i need a hotel in Montego Bay. Thanks Colin!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank onelovejazz
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

After reading the nice reviews on this property, my boyfriend and I decided to stay there for the first half of our trip (Aug. 24 - 27). The owner, Colin, was very kind and picked us up from the Sangster Airport. The hotel is very close to the airport (a 10 -15 min drive). Colin is very friendly, helpful and provided top service. I stayed in room #11. The room was clean, had a kitchen and a connecting room with two twin beds. The main room had A/C while the connecting room had a ceiling fan. My only compliant about the room is the queen bed mattress needs to be updated. Other than that, It was fine. The shower had hot water and good pressure. The Ridgeway is next to The University of West Indies which has a small cafe. Delicious food and very inexpensive. My boyfriend and I ate there almost every day for lunch. It is very easy to catch a taxi from the property. The area is safe.

The Guest House is a great spot for couples or families. It's quiet and relaxing. If you are single and looking to get your party on...this is NOT the place for you. We had a lovely time. I really liked the personal service that Colin provided. He even dropped us off at the airport. Thank you, Colin!

Ursula Woods

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelbuffursi
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Guest house. The rooms are clean and spacious. Colin the owner makes you feel very welcome. The Ridgeway allows you to appreciate the real Jamaica and not be trapped at an all inclusive hotel. Colin, I am looking forward to returning to your Guest House. Please can you consider including a sports channel such as Fox sports to your cable programmes. Many Thanks

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo