“Party for 20”
Review of Richmond Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Richmond Hill Inn
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Grace and Gail did a wonderful job of hosting a cocktail party that I set up for 20 coworkers and spouses. I told those attending the night would be memorable and it was. Great views, food, drinks, and ambiance!

Well done Grace and Gail!

Craig B.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank cebakes
There are newer reviews for Richmond Hill Inn

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was last a guest at Richmond Hill in 1982 but my return was well worth it as we sipped our rum punch beside the pool overlooking Montego Bay for our final sunset on my recent visit.

The rooms were clean and we had a great view, breakfast was a selection of local fruit, toast and local coffee. We were made very welcome by Gayle and her staff who made sure we were well cared for, right down to helping us heck in on line for our flight

Room Tip: Top floors probably have the best views but it looked as if each room had a view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JacquieMcD
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We decided to have our wedding at richmond hill aka hotel grace because it has a great view, but that is the only thing good about it. First when we arrived two days before our wedding grace who ive been in contact with for over a year was nowhere to be found, and we had to speak with her 83 year old mother about everything that was supposed to have already been planned but she had no idea. Then the big day came and everything was a DISATER! there where 2 huge dogs walking around during my wedding, grace stopped me in the middle of my photo shoot to tell me i was rueing her dinner and it was gonna be cold so i needed to hurry up! then she got on the mic shouting at everyone. after the wedding i asked for my money back as i was no longer going to spend the night. thats when we were cursed and asalted. the food was soo bad no one ate it was not cooked or prepared properly we went to KFC after the wedding, they stole my wedding favors and when i asked for my knife and cake server i was told i should go buy another knife cause they were aluminum foil and not a big deal at this point i had to restrain my husband. My wedding day was a big disater thanks to grace, her mother and her sister even my guest are talking about how rude and lacking of customer service they are. dont let the view fool you like it did us the property is old and run down and not worth it. These people should be put out of business!

Room Tip: dont go there!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank saneka
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Breathtaking view from every direction, especially looking down onto the bay. During the day the blues from the water and the sky seem to melt together. Very relaxing. Very clean. Wonderful walking through the Great house and soaking in the history.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mibin
Reviewed February 1, 2012

a couple of us went to Richmond Hill Inn, as a part of wedding anniversary celebration, and to be honest we were surprised, the place was just beautiful, clean rooms, breath taking grounds nice view, wonderful staff, thanks Grace, Gayle and Ms. Chin.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sandracreid
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We attended the wedding of our close friend here in November 2011 and the wedding was absolutely amazing. The scenery was stunning and Mrs Chin did an excellent job with the decorating and Grace amazed us with the food. It was like out of a fairy tale book. The historical building is breathtaking!

Downside!... We stayed in the large suite near the front of the hotel (sleeps 7). Now the rooms looked clean from a distance but on closer inspection it was not clean at all and littered with an infestation of these black centipede worm shells and also a living ones which we found in the bed and my friends suitcase. Hotel management did not see this as a problem and to our disappointment refused to come down and deal with the situation! The jacuzzi did not work! Basically the room looked like it had not been used for years!!

I had a sneak peek at the bridal suite and to our dismay, although it had three bedrooms only one room was habitable and the balcony was filthy! We could not step out there! Plus they had the same infestation of black centipedes and also loads of wood shavings which indicated termites!

On a brighter note, some of our family had regular double rooms and they were clean with no centipedes!!

Considering the hotel is at the top of a hill, there should be breakfast facilities or at least tea and coffee facilities in the rooms! Huge disappointment.

Would I return here? Yes but I would stay in a double room and not a suite. It is a lovely hotel but needs more care and attention to quality then it would be 5 out of 5!

Room Tip: Do not splash out on a suite stay in a double room because they are cleaner. Grace and Gail cannot r...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank MRS_ACE2011
Reviewed December 5, 2011

It's been 2 weeks since we returned from Jamaica for our wedding.
We had our cocktail hour and reception at this location. We didn't get to see the sunset at cocktail hour but our guest absolutely loved the place. The Food was fabulous, Grace found a steel pan band with singer. The guest couldn't stop talking about how great they were. Mine and the Grooms only regret is we didn't make our way over to meet the band. Grace and family were very accommodating thru the whole planning process. Thanks Gracie!!!!

The Gauvins