Richmond Hill Inn
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$614
$515
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$217
$152
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$269
Official Website
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$327
$293
  • Pool
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$374
$328
$80
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$214
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,619
Hotelpower.com
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,641
Hotelpower.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We just got back form the Richmond Hill Inn for a 50th Birthday celebration. I had been to the hotel on a day trip around Montego Bay. We have stayed at Round Hill, and Halfmoon on past trips to the City. Let me tell you the view is incredible ! We stayed in the Penthouse which had a covered porch overlooking Montego Bay, which was bigger then most hotel rooms. It had 3 full baths and one of them was on the porch and had quite the view. Gail and Grace called our room on a couple of occasions, just to check on us and see if they could help in anyway. Stay here and get out and see Jamaica ! If you go to the all-Inclusives you wont see much at all. The Inn has a great driver who will be on call just for you. Be sure and ask to see the countryside for a true feel of the country. I'll be back !

Room Tip: Choose the penthouse
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank travelcr-7
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I am in the service Industry and knows what it means to satisfy my clients and how to treat paying customers. Unfortunately I have not had the experience of staying at the Richmond Hill Inn hotel due to the unprfoessionalism and tasteless service that was provided to me in the stages of planning my rehearsal Dinner event. I received two emails from Grace their wedding planner and at no point was she helpful or suggestive. I received an email saying they could host my event for 60 guests and two days later was very saddened when I received another email with her telling me they will not be bale to host my rehearsal dinner due to the fact I thought their prices were outragoeus. When I met them in person they seemed nice and pleasant. After going back and forth with emails I could sense they were discriminating and they were charging me based who my Fiance was. To add to that a follow up call was done and she was blatanly rude and sounded disgusted...I cannot write anything good about the staff or even recommend anyone to go there. They are a bunch of women who are seemingly trying to run a business they know nothing about and will never have me recommend anyone else to their Hotel....poor customer service, unprofessional owners, underpaid staff and very classless!!!!!!! Take your money and go elsewhere where color or class is not important.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank UsainTOR
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had a lovely weekend stay at Richmond Hill. The staff were great and breakfast was a good continental breakfast. We really enjoyed the pool and the grounds. As others have mentioned the hotel decor is slightly dated, but our room was clean and comfortable! Please note, the restaurant is not open anymore so you will have to leave the premises to eat lunch and dinner. Also as is the case for most of Jamaica, bathrooms do not have shampoo and conditioner provided, just soap, so bring your own

Room Tip: Rm 30 had a nice view and private balcony
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Let me start by saying this is not a beach hotel, nor is it a four star resort. But I woke up my first morning there to busloads of tourists (not guests) coming to the hotel just for the view. One american tourist signed up for a room on the spot even though she had already paid for her room at another hotel, when her tour driver asked her why, she said "because I wanna wake up HERE, tomorrow", and the way she stressed the word "here", you would think it was the four seasons.

I think its a local attraction or something, and all the tour companies and taxis know where to go when they want to show their clients a view of montego bay. The spot where the hotel is located is not a recent discovery. It was chosen hundreds of years ago, when the spanish ruled jamaica (1600's to 1700's). The house was a plantation "great house", and still has the original structure as part of the hotel. There is a jar in the main courtyard that came over on a spanish galleon or something and still bears the original seal of isabella or whoever the queen was back then. Original mahogany furniture older than dirt is still in some of the rooms in the historic part of the hotel, where there is sort of a museum feel.

OK after all of that lets get to the lodgings. The biggest drawback is there is no food. there is only a continental breakfast (muffins, juice coffee, fruit, etc), and you can order from the montego bay restaruants. If you're going to do a getaway hotel with no food in jamaica, montego bay is probably one of th eonly towns that can swing it, its more of a city than ocho rios, but without the urban bustle of kingston. So my point is there are dozens of food options within five minutes. The rooms are fine, I've seen the rooms at the sandals etc, and really they are not worth the extra 500 per night for my money, but you should know that this is a boutique hotel, so there is a mini fridge in your room, and it aint stocked, in fact you have to flip a switch on a power strip mounted on the side of the vanity that powers the fridge, tv, and vanity lamp), but the rooms/baths are clean and relatively modern, with your own remote controlled air conditioner, and the beds are good, even with my bad back. The hotel is sort of deserted at night though, i think all the guests go down to other clubs/hotels/restaurants at night. I went up to the pool/bar/checkin counter after 8pm and it was dark and deserted. But there is free wifi up there 24/7 if you want, you just have to turn on the lamp yourself.

By my reveiws, you can see that I'm a value hunter, and I've travelled around the caribbean and the US since I was in my 20's, so when I saw this veiw I knew it was nothing to scoff at. My dad stayed at this hotel for years, and when I asked him for a value place he didnt hesitate, and he knows every inch of this island like a GPS. I was born in jamaica and to this day i know no one with a more encyclopedic knowledge of the island. He stayed here back when it was run by the "mother", now its run by her twin daughters. In short, my new montego bay plan is to stay at this hotel and get day/night passes for the more expensive places. That way I can pay $85 for a room with a great view, and pay $90 for a day/night pass to a $600 place. I stayed here a few weeks ago and I'm going back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank kwright00
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The staff were amazing, the rooms were elegant, and the view was a panoramic beauty beyond compare it, is a must see. We had a lovely wedding renewal ceremony
and it was made all the greater by the hotel's assistance and hosting of the event and its proceedings, we are thankful to the staff for their amazing job, especially Grace the planner.
Thank you from the McKenzie family.

• Stayed: December 2010