“Most enjoyable!”
Review of El Greco Resort

El Greco Resort
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Situated across from one the best beaches in Jamaica, and located on the main strip in Montego Bay, this resort did not disappoint at all. Great deal for the price, and includes breakfast with a gorgeous view from the restaurant. Clean, spacious suite with kitchen and balcony. Friendly, accommodating staff from the receptionist, valet, house-keeping, and restaurant. We are fairly well-traveled Jamaicans, and we found the El Greco Resort to be one of the best places to stay in Montego Bay. Not a beachfront resort, but the famous Doctor's Cave Beach is just steps away, via elevator. Kudos to the Management. Enjoy.... DT, Canada

Room Tip: The resort has 4 blocks...."D" block is the quietest, as opposed to "C" which is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank D T
ElGrecoResort, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at El Greco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear DT,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you letting other guests know what an awesome resort we have.

We look forward to the pleasure of having you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

A Beautiful smile greeted me in reception! I always say image is everything and therefore I was very impressed with the receptionist's personal appearance; her makeup and attire were impeccable along with her beautiful smile. Needless to say I was impressed!

My newly wedded niece and her husband stayed there and they really had a wonderful time spending quality time together. For a young couple just starting out in life and doesn't want to be stuck with a big credit card bill to begin their life together with El Greco gave them good value for their money. A honeymoon package which includes clean surroundings, good food from the restaurant, trip to Doctor Cave Beach and a team of very pleasant and professional staff. What more could you ask for?

As a UK citizen I say if you are travelling to Jamaica from the UK for your holidays; the plane ticket is expensive and the journey 10 hours long, El Greco is value for money and short hop from airport after that long flight.

Panoramic view of the Montego Bay coast line, fresh sea breeze, good food, clean surroundings, value for money, pleasant and professional staff. EL GRECO RESORT!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Margaret P

Dear Margaret P,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your family with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Let me start by saying I've been to a few places in Jamaica and my wife is from here. We found this place on hotels.com. They said it was on the beach.

Pros,
Short elevator ride down to the street to ocean entrance- not ON the beach.
Decent price 6 nights $665
Free pass to beach
Clean room, no bugs, ample size for 1 bedroom w/kitchen
Center of town
Close to airport
Laundry service
Ac worked good in bedroom
Room service from restaurant
Small pool-ok but ocean is colder water-pool water too warm
Decent wifi and lots of tv channels-some snowy-can't understand that if it's cable.

Cons;
The worst thing they could do- have the ac off when you get there so it's 100 degrees when you wak in!
Didn't tell us there were pots and pans available when signing in. Found out through these reviews!
No a/c in rest of apt, only fan just bedroom. This could be a deal breaker when your expecting the whole place to be cool when it's 100% humidity like we had.Leaving the bedroom door open only makes it manageable.
Curtains didn't close all the way in both rooms.
Patio furniture used in apt- bamboo-outdated
They charge you for the shuttle to the airport. This should be free.
Very slow service at the restaurant. Don't expect all food on the menu to be available- that's everywhere in Jamaica tho.
Nobody delivers food from the outside of the hotels. You have to drive there.
No tv in bedroom. Would be nice since that's where the ac is.

Would I return? I don't believe I'll be coming back to Jamaica at all. To me it's not worth it...just a great ocean. The food at sand bar beach restaurant I sent back for lack of meat in the sandwich .

Room Tip: We were in d block and it was quiet contrary to what some others said about road noise.
Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Craig C

Dear Craig C,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to ensure that our guests are comfortable and well informed. The bamboo chairs are no longer on the patios as we have new furniture in our suites now. As for the transportation from the airport, you didn't get a shuttle, you got a private taxi. Taxis are not usually free.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

El Greco Resort has really nice grounds. The rooms are very spacious & they also feature kitchens & balconies on them. Where the resort sits, you can't really see the beach, but depending on which unit you're in, you can see the water. It's a very short walk to the beach & hip strip. If you can deal with being a short walk from the hip strip, the beach, & not having all the amenities like an all-inclusive resort, this is a good place to stay. Also you get a nice view from the seaview restaurant.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rick N

Dear Rick N,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property.

We look forward to the pleasure of having you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stay at the El Greco and everything was amazing. The check in was quick and simple and they were all very friendly. the rooms huge and clean. this is not a 5 star place but if good hospitality and clean rooms are what matter to you most, then you should stay here. the hotel is just above a beatuful beach and an elevator ride takes u there. they provide the passes (valued ant US$6ea) for guests. Nice restaurant provides great food and a great view of the sea. Servers there need training. but overall very good. some the ladies in admin(not sure which department, small office on our block) will just walk past you without even good morning but everyone else was friendly. also the shop sells everything you might need during your stay.

Room Tip: A block rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mistique B

Dear Mistique,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We do value your feedback and we will strive to improve our service at the restaurant.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

El Greco did very well for the week that I was there. Front Desk always helpful and accommodating. If your looking for something with properly sealed doors and windows (for little red ants) go elsewhere, unless you've travelled before and know how to handle them. The beach is a quick 5 mins away over pedway and down an elevator on the 2nd floor the shop on the right cheapest smokes and booze I could find anywhere! Little ol lady at bottom of spiral staircase sells fresh fruit daily. The stay came with complimentary breakfast (Jamaican or American) and free passes to Doctors Cave Beach! Bring goggles if you don't wanna pay $6 US for snorkelling gear! $6 US for a chair in the shade is worth getting minimal sand fly bites! Word of advice barter your taxi trip prices before you hop in and take red liscence plates only. $2-3 J will get you into town that's 5 mins drive away. If you know a local let them take you around, it minimizes the harassment my and likelihood of being ripped off. If you eat at the Seaview for breakfast make sure you ask for Jerome, sweet young lad who will take care of you! He even helped is arrange taxi to airport on the way back! The servers don't initially tell you but you can mix up what's available for breakfast! I often had 2 of the Jamaican breakfast offerings on my plate like Saltfish and Ackee or Sausage and beans. I always asked for a pot of coffee and condensed milk to be left with me so I could drink my fill! Smoking is illegal in public ( why not ban cars?!) but on the beach and on the the resort it's fine as long as not common area. Even smoking a joint or two on the beach no one would bother you! I brought my own alcohol to the beach so I wouldn't have to pay lots. If you go to Doctors Cave the beach bar servers are great. Anya (Ava?) from Sands is great! One of the better servers! Overall my stay was very good, only cussed out one taxi driver for ripping my gf off :)

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank NayaPixie

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to find your way around Montego Bay. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed your daily complimentary breakfast.

We look forward to having you again with us.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I recently stayed at El Greco Resort in Montego in Jamaica. The staff were very warm and accommodating beyond reasons, upon arrival the front desk staff made me feel welcome and at home with my every needs attended to.
The property is located in the heart of Montego Bay however it’s a secret paradise with just an elevator ride down to the beautiful doctor’s cave beach.
My experience was great with apartment style dwelling i.e. Bedroom, living room, and kitchen.
The food was excellent, and the view from the restaurant overlooking the beach was to die for!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Pumadine,

Thank you for posting your review of our property. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you again with us.