“Really Nicely situated” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Greco Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
El Greco Resort
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Really Nicely situated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

On a hill over the main strip of Montego Bay but with a great lift down to to beach , large flats with breakfast included although a bit slow the staff were very helpful just ask for a quite block I know that a and b are .I stayed a week and then one more day on my way back to the airport .I liked the hotel but was not so keen on Montego Bay except for Dr Cave Beech and you get a nice free ticket to this

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank andreadriffield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Location for downtown Montego is great. Rooms are shabby but clean. We spent 2 nights book ending our week in Runaway Bay because of 8 pm and 8 am flights. Last night my feet were attacked by aunts while sleeping. I awoke to several bites and raw skin from rubbing my feet in my sleep..... Restaurant has good local home cooking which we enjoyed for breakfast. Free Internet which is a plus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stampedetravels
Kentwood, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked EL Greco in June 2012, great location, close to Doctor Cave beach, got free ticket while at the hotel, Michael was great assisting me with trip ideas, the front office staff was very friendly, I will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nervjenins
kingston, jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The best part of the hotel is the location. A few minutes from the airport and directly opposite Montego Bay's most famous beach - Doctors Cave. It is also close to restaurants and shopping and it is easy to get to the attractions from there.
The rooms are exactly as shown on the site and are clean. The kitchen is a good size but apparently if you want a pot you have to go and sign for it at the front desk. There is a kettle though. The apartments are spacious and fairly well laid out although in our apartment the fridge was awkwardly located near the entrance to the kitchen so you have to squeeze by to get in. There is a nice balcony
Breakfast is included and there is quite a choice. We stayed for two nights and had two totally different experiences with breakfast. The first morning the service was horrible - we were totally ignored despite numerous requests for service. It took us nearly half an hour just to place our order. Kudos to Stacy-Ann who did a great job of service recovery once she realized what was going on. We nearly did not go back on the second morning but were glad that we did. This time we got outstanding service. If you are in a hurry you should go very early in case the staff is having a bad day. I'm not sure why they don't do a breakfast buffet like most hotels do when they include breakfast.
We had a problem with the TV when we checked in but it was immediately responded to when we complained and in general the front office staff was pleasant and responsive.

Room Tip: Try to avoid block C which is right beside a noisy main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jamaicanyardie
New England, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently stayed for one night at El Greco Resort at the end of a Jamaican visit and was pleasantly surprised. The room, property, and location were all wonderful. Our two bedroom unit was spotless and large and even included a nice balcony. The property had everything we needed including a pool, restaurant, and small store. I generally do not stay in Mo' Bay as I prefer quieter areas, but I loved the location of this resort. It did not feel like we were near the main street, yet we were easily able to access the strip by the walkway and elevator. Very convenient! It was a nice respite up and away from the busy stretch but close enough to enjoy the fabulous view.
I cannot think of anything negative to say about my experience with this property. Everyone we encountered working there was professional and pleasant. Check in was simple, restaurant and housekeeping staff were friendly. It was all good. I will definitely choose this resort again when visiting Montego Bay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ms.L
Kingston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here a couple times thus far for business. Its an affordable place to stay and relatively clean and comfortable. The balconies are great to capture the fresh air of the hillside. Absolutely love the location. Loved that every room had access to a balcony even though I jsut had a view of teh parking lot. The sheets could have been a little cleaner. The appliances needed updating, but I was fine since I didnt have to use them. Nice place just to stay over for a night or two for business or pleasure if you dont plan to spend much time there. Loved that the hotel was conneted via a ramp to a great beach. Never got the time to see the beach though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Keisha E
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed in Jamica over Xmas for three weeks and since we are very familiar with Jamaicea figured we didnt need to stay in a large all inclusive this time. We paid 800 for the whole month which was a good price we thought.

Pros: The view from the patio area by the restaurant was beautiful
Staff were friendly
Lots of security around day and night to make you feel safe
Room was spacious
Price was very reasonable
Quiet we didnt here any noise
Very close to the hip strip to walk down and have a drink in the evening or walk on the ocean
Very easy to catch a taxi from the hip strip day and night
I did not see any bugs or ants at all
Grounds ar clean and well maintained

Cons:Maid service once a week was a little hard since the rooms have no broom etc. Maids were friendly and some cleaned better than others but was acceptable.
The bed was comfortable enough although the pillows were flat no stuffing.
The air conditioner is only in the bedroom and at times it was still very hot with it on
The bathroom was in the bedroom not conveniant if you have people over
The pool was not heated and at this time of the year can be a little too cold
The fridge in the room didnt work great and froze vegetables etc
They charge you for lights and power additional and they will not show you a meter reading so they are free to charge you as they wish. I believe the bill was at least double what it should have been since I am familiar with Jamica costs so that was a turn off.

Overall when it comes to value I felt it was a good deal. If you are a frequent visitor to Jamaica and dont need the all inclusive type of place because you are going to be entertaining yourself than I would recommend these condo style rooms

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family