“Sandals Forever”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed August 8, 2007

This was our 12th Sandals property visit and we could not have had a more enjoyable experience. This holiday was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and Hughill and the entire Royal Caribbean staff could not have done one more thing to make this trip more special.

Our suite, the food, the service, the out island, and the sunsets were just fabulous.

I highly recommend this property to everyone looking for the perfect vacation.

Stayed: February 2007
6  Thank lp1211
Write a ReviewReviews (5,713)

Reviewed August 2, 2007

This resort was one of the best experiences of my life. I have never experienced the all inclusive type resort before and i will travel this way for all of my vacations i can. The staff were so friendly, always willing to please, and made sure that i was extrenely comfortably. I began enjoying my vacation as soon as i got off the plane. the sandals lounge in the airport was vey nice and vey helpful. Once i arrived here i did not have to much more for myself. To put it bluntly this was one of the most relaxing,adventurous, beautiful, and exciting vacations i have ever been on and i plan to make it a yearly tradition. As the title states i can't hardly wait until i go back.

Stayed: July 2007
8  Thank snipesvi
Reviewed July 31, 2007

Sandles resort ia a wonderful place. I am so glad my husband and I got to experience such a place. We really enjoyed the company of two people in particular. Those two poeple would be Prince, that works in the Regency and Helen. Prince was so wonderful during our candle light dinner. The only thing I regret about him is that we didnt meet him sooner. He really made our dinner a wonderful experience and hes one of the frienliest guys I meet at my stay. As for Helen, she is so funny and very friendly. She was always there to encourage us to play in the activities, so we did. It felt like she had become more of a friend then a worker at Sandles. Our room was great. The only problem I had was with the room cleaning and maintenance. Room cleaning never made sure the vents to the hot tub were cleaned and one day I found some kind of hair or something stuck to it. Lets just say I was very dissapointed. And as for maintenance, I went to the front desk and told them that the remote to our t.v. in our room needed to be fixed and it never got fixed. But overall I loved it and I will visit again in the future. I also recommend that if you decided to stay at Sandle Royal Carribean that you try "Jerk Chicken", its the best! That is definetely one thing my husband and I will miss. Also a word of adivse to everyone is to just try everything. Some things that you dont think you'll like, you just might like it, trust me it happened to me. I will definetely recommend my family and friends to stay at Sandles Royal Carribean! Thank You so much for helping make my honeymoon so wonderful!

7  Thank Barrysgirl-4-Ever
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Jamaica: Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay: Fantastic Romantic Stay!!

I highly recommend Sandals Royal Caribbean as a perfect relaxing, romantic, enjoyable vacation place. The complex was intimate with beautiful, lush landscaping, cozy laid out rooms for privacy, on the beach, delicious foods of all kinds, private restaurants for intimate dining, activities at the main pool, great service and an extremely warm hospitality from all the staff at the Royal Caribbean. I feel the all-inclusive package is the way to go!! It is such a great deal and the food is fine dining not too mention all the free pina colada's you can have at any time. You will leave relaxed and anxiously await your return. You need to be there to believe how exceptional this place is. Happy Memories!!

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Lela0003
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I can honestly say that as soon as we stepped off the plane in Jamaica we were treated with kindness and respect that is often very hard to find in the USA.

My husband and I were there to celebrate our honeymoon and to relax after the hectic planning of the past year. We were looking forward to doing absolutely nothing but having an enjoyable time.

First let me say this. Our Butlers, Adia and Ellis are the main reason our stay here was so great. They made every moment, a moment to remember including noticing our specific likes and dislikes without us even having to tell them and doing little things for us like bringing us cold drinks at the pool at the exact time we were thinking we were thirsty. It was like they could see our next wish before we even thought of it, putting flowers on the deck chairs they reserved for us at the pool and sprinkling petals all over the tablecloth the first night we were there and enjoyed a candlelight dinner in our suite. They both came to our room in a moments notice and were always there to escort us to anything we wished to do. We had a beautiful picnic lunch on the private island on one of the Cabana beds which was fully sheeted with crisp sheets and pillows. So romantic, so sweet and so comforting. Like I said in the title.....it was as if we found Heaven.

Both Adia and Ellis were so kind and polite but mostly they were friendly and knew when we wanted to talk and knew when we wanted to be alone. We spent 8 days there and by the last day it was like we were leaving good friends and promised to return soon and made it known that it was because of them that we would be returning.

I have a slight disability after having back surgeries a number of times and was very pleased with the care and consideration they gave to me without me having to ask. They did not make me feel awkward at all (as a lot of people here in the US do) and were always asking if they could do anything to make me feel better and even doing things before I would ask such as having extra towels on the chairs for padding and lots of big fluffy pillows in the room for me.

I found a couple chances to meet with the nurse on staff because of the sun and a small "trip" and he was great. polite, honest, professional and listened to me. Being a former nurse myself I know that those are all the signs of a good caregiver. This was refreshing in itself.

I have seen a lot of petty complaints on here and honestly, I could find nothing wrong with anything there. I guess if your spoiled and mean spirited you can always find something wrong with anything. Not us. We went with very high expectations and were surprised when they were met and exceeded greatly. I think that the people here who complained about things like the work on the grounds going on or the drinks being watered down are people that should not return to this place as it is too good for them.

The planes were not a problem nor was the food. I cannot imagine you wanting for a whole lot more than they offer because the choices were plentiful and the servings were very generous, I noticed that a lot of people on here complained about them watering down the drinks but the bartenders were serving shots straight from the bottle and the people were not complaining so I am sure they do not do this. My husband and I are not drinkers although I did enjoy some light draft beers and we enjoyed Ellis's non alcoholic frozen pineapple drinks at the hottest part of the day

My Husband wanted to do some things alone and go take photos of the grounds so I decided to make and appointment at the Spa. Ellis came to the room and escorted me to the spa knowing I have a bit of trouble walking without assistance, This was so sweet of him and made my husband happy knowing I was in good hands with Ellis. I found the Spa very relaxing and took some time to have my nails done in a place that smelled like sweet lemon grass. It was a very laid back place but very professional and very serene playing music and having that fantastic aromatherapy. Charmain did a nice job on my nails and also recommended a great serum for my husbands slightly sunburned skin which worked wonderfully.

We did not find the people that lived on the Island to be pushy or even drug selling like we were warned about and saw on this site, In fact, we both noted a lot of hard working people trying to make an honest living doing some kind of craft they were good at. Something a lot of Americans have forgotten how to do which is very sad.

I have no idea what they pay the Butlers there but they need to know that Adia and Ellis are priceless employees and they should be rewarded by the management here for keeping their guests returning year after year. It would be a shame if they were coaxed into another job by more money so I hope they know just what gems of employees that these two are and reward them for their great service and their beautiful, wonderful selfless acts of kindness and consideration.

I am going to be posting a similar review at the disability sites I am involved in as it is always great to know that there are places such as this that allow anyone to come and enjoy themselves without feeling limits on their activities and also by knowing their needs will be taken care of to the best of their abilities. While I was there I noted a couple people in wheelchairs and another man who was having trouble walking and all three like me were having a great time just being themselves and not trying to hide their disabilities. They also were doing things I bet they never thought they could ever do again which made the joy in their hearts show on their faces. I felt the very same way. Such joy at such a beautiful place. It was heartwarming.

I can quite honestly say that there was nothing with this resort to find fault with. It did rain almost every day we were there but the wonderful thing was it only lasted an hour or less and then it would clear up. It did not even bother most of the people on the beaches or at the pools because very few left and most enjoyed the slight cooling of the afternoon or evening rain.

The gardens were wonderfully sculpted like works of art and the nature on the resort including the fish, the hummingbirds,other birds that were beautiful and the Peacock familes that visited every part of the resort everyday with Mommy leading her two babies and Daddy following about 5 minutes behind, Never out of sight, never too close and always admiring himself in the refections on the patio doors. (funny how much the males of every species have large egos and like to do this. LOL)

I watched in total amazement as the landscaping manager made his way around the grounds and had the employees taking hours from their day sculpting certain bushes, removing leaves and making sure there was no litter. They even raked the beaches every single morning between the hours of 4 and 6am so they looked splendid for the early risers! This was just wonderful.

If all you want to party and get drunk, this is not the place for you, If you want to be treated well, relax, enjoy yourself be alone at times and be with other adults when you feel the need to socialize this is the place to be.

And before I go I need to say Thank you to Ellis and Adia, from the bottom of my heart. I hope you and the your employers get to see this so they know what kind of service you provide and the caring, compassion and love at which you serve it at.

Heaven. Ahh heaven. I think I found it at Sandals Royal Caribbean and I think Adia and Ellis were the angels. "smile"

I Can't wait to return!!!!!

Thanks for reading this review, Hope you find it helpful.

Christi

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
34  Thank ChristiNY
Reviewed July 28, 2007

It isn't often that what you see on a commercial or on a web site is exactly what you receive but the Sandals Royal Caribbean was everything that it was advertised to be. My wife and I opted to stay one less night and upgrade our accomodations to include the butler services. I honestly now know what it means to truly be treated as the most important guest at a hotel/resort. Devon and Hughill were our Butlers and knowing that everything was in their capable hands allowed my wife and me to experience true relaxation. From breakfast service overlooking the ocean, to delivering lunch out on the island, to arranging our dinning options each night these two gentlemen were exceptional. The prompt, friendly service was beyond our expectations.

We also we very impressed with the how much space we had to move around. Even though the resort was almost completely booked while we were there we most often found that we could be completely alone on the beach, at the pool or on the island. And we really loved the island.

As far as the food, each night was exceptional. I don't know how I ever survived without jerk chicken and Red Stripe beer.

Having traveled extensively in the United States and Europe I can honestly say that the hospitality shown us in Jamaica at the Royal Caribbean was second to none.

11  Thank BBBUs
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Beautiful resort. Staff was wonderful and accommodating. Anything that we needed was provided on request.

We moved there from Sandals Inn for a better sleeping accommodation.

We had a beautiful view, excellent restaurants and a good choice of pools. There was a variety of food available throughout the day.

It was a bit pricey, but we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple