Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Royal Decameron Montego Beach(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Pool
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
El Greco Resort(Montego Bay)
$96
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$216
$210
  • Breakfast included
Toby's Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
  • Pool
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$988
Priceline
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
$100
Priceline
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$253
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$328
$307
5,868 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonle jardinierregency restaurantour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubclothing optional beachbutler suitebeach grillwhite night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Beautiful resort. Staff was wonderful and accommodating. Anything that we needed was provided on request.

We moved there from Sandals Inn for a better sleeping accommodation.

We had a beautiful view, excellent restaurants and a good choice of pools. There was a variety of food available throughout the day.

It was a bit pricey, but we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank peaceful1
Reviewed July 25, 2007

OK, since you've asked for it, here's my most requested and long-winded trip review (at least of the last 5 minutes) from Unk and Diane's Extreme Relaxation Trip to SRC 7/18 thru 7/23. The goal here was to do as little as possible and relax, relax, relax. And without further fanfare:

Weather: just about perfect. I thought it might feel so much more humid, but with the wonderful sea breeze during the day (it did feel a little more tropical after sunset and the breeze died down). Generally sunny, but the clouds started building late morning, and by early afternoon it got more partly cloudy, which for me was a blessing since I'm a little fair skinned, and the clouds helped to prevent some major, major burning. Didn't even need the gallon of white paint and 5 gallons of aloe I brought down Wink Couple of afternoons we heard some thunder over the hillside but no rain, but there were a couple of days where a little rain did fall. I think 3 evenings there were some nice storms off-shore, with a nice lightning show, but no rain from those, just nature's fireworks to help end a wonderful day. Did get a little rain - Saturday evening, right before dinner at the Pavilion. So under cover we went. And for a couple of hours, a lite rain fell on Sunday afternoon. Perfect nap time.

Food: just about perfect. Had to be a little careful here, let's just say since Diane's insides are sensitive and she had to watch what she ate. I like to try new things. Used room service for dinner the first nite, and breakfast the third morning, both very, very good. I don't remember a better room service dinner before this. Had a dinner at the Courtyard - wonderful except for the rude insect that tried to drink from my wine glass before me. My Rasta Snapper (??) at the Pavilion (where we had dinner Saturday nite right as the rain hit, and moved under cover where the afternoon tea is served) was superb, but Diane's Jerk Chicken and Pork was way, way too dry, even for me. With the rain we decided not to keep others waiting for a table and try and get it redone. Had several breakfasts and dinners at the Regency, and never had anything bad there either. And the view is wonderful. Lunches were mostly at the Beach Bar (either pizza or Jamaican Patties or Jerk Chicken - we could have lived there. Thai food is not among my favorites, though, and definitely not high on Diane's list of foods to eat, so we passed on that. Beach party eats and atmosphere were enjoyable too. Didn't head over to SMB for eats - this time. I think we decided it involved too much decision-making and excess movement.

Staff: just about perfect (sense a theme here?). Just about always a smile and greeting and courtesy from everybody. (ut oh) Except for a couple of grumpy bartenders (who we avoided after the first go-around) and the slightly rude photo dude, who took noticeable exception to our lack of buying a mega amount of photos. Sorry, dude, but we got as dressy as we were gonna for our first dinner out (at the Courtyard), and even though we made eye contact with the photographer, we were ignored. Our picture was taken the night it rained and we dined at the Pavilion - not the best circumstances, dontchathink Mr. Photodude?

Resort Grounds: oh, you know. We loved the island - nice and quiet and away from the main beach crowd, and except for not having food there, we may have not left. It was great to walk around the grounds and see the flowers and fauna, cats and peacocks and hummingbirds all roaming free (it was quite a neat thing seeing a couple of peacocks wandering around inside the fitness center). I'm glad the birds weren't actually on a machine working out - that might have been too much, especially being sober at the time. But plenty of quiet areas, plenty of areas with people - something for everyone. Even the vendors were cool - ya could talk with them, a polite 'not today' and they left ya alone, and we ended up with a couple of carvings.

Activities: an incomplete (???!?!?!?) What can we say - we went to relax. We talked about taking a kayak out, or the water trike, but that's as far as we got. Not a diver, didn't feel like snorkeling, didn't want to leave the resort (didn't make the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary), but that leaves all the more new things to do on the next trip. Since we were on the island most of the early part of the day, we didn't really interact with the Playmakers too much, so not really able to say much about them.

Accommodations: back to perfect. We had a Concierge Suite - Room 316 in the Kensington Bldg. OMG!!! Such a comfortable bed, a great view of the pool, beach and sunset from the balcony (which is small being in the corner, but we weren't entertaining - it was perfect for the 2 of us). And the bathroom - I know what my ideal bathroom should be like... And being a Concierge Suite, we had the bar, and when we got there, lo and behold - Miller Lite in the fridge!! (We had inquired about having Miller Lite being available since with Diane's penchant for migraines, there are some beers that can get her on the way, and I didn't want her to worry about that if at all possible and she wanted a beer. We were told it would be available in the gift shop, but actually finding it in the fridge was wonderful). We finished those beers the first nite, and it wasn't restocked the next day. We didn't say anything, since we thought it was great and a nice touch just finding it the first day. But POOF! there it appeared upon restocking the 3rd day, and every day after that. Most definitely appreciated!!!

So... did we like it? You bet!!! Would we come back?? If at all possible, and we can afford another Concierge Suite (we talked about butlers, and we still decided that we wouldn't use a butler enough to justify that). Amy from Dream Makers Vacation
Services did such a caring and fantastic job of getting things just right for us. There are still things we talked about doing that if we go back on a not-as-much-relaxation-needed vacation we would like to do.

12  Thank UnkFrank
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We had a wonderful time in Jamaica, and especially at the Royal Caribbean Resort. Everyone is so helpful and nice. You really feel like you have your own staff catering to your every need. We stayed in the deluxe room (cheapest). It was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in away from home. Our AC did quit on us half way through the week, but was fixed within an hour or so. They are so responsive to your needs. We loved eating at the Courtyard... Janice was our most favorite hostess! I enjoyed the concerts at night. It's not party central, but for my wife and I it was perfect. I did enjoy the Jamaican Smile. Cool, refreshing, and a splash of rum. The first sip always made me smile. :-) We hope to try the Ocho Rios resort next time.

6  Thank ITGuy80
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed at the RC for our 10th Anniversary and had an amazing time! We cannot say enough about the atmosphere, the staff, the food and the hotel. We were greeted right away at the airport in a beautiful lounge and the royal treatment never stopped. The staff even knew our names and drink preferences by the second day. We really felt welcomed and taken care of on every occasion.

First of all, our room was spectacular and we only had a superior room. It was cleaned every day and we had plenty of space. It was also well within walking distance of everything. Being that this was one of the smaller Sandals, we thought we might get tired of the restaurants and find ourselves at MoBay, but that only happened once and only because we had already made reservations on the day we got there. The four on-site restaurants are fabulous and they even offer different buffets on the beach and by the pool to shake things up during the week! You cannot miss the Thai Restaurant on the island - it was soooo romantic and the food was outstanding!!! You do have to get dressed up to go to most of the restaurants, but we loved that about it. I did my research before going and knew this. After all, that is the point to going to an adult resort!!

Another major plus of the resort is the private island. We spent many days there because not too many people go over during the day. There are many little corners and places to find privacy and to take a nap. The water is gorgeous and the fish are amazing! They just swim right up to your feet. There is never a want for something to do. The watersports team is always ready to help out and teach you how to do a new thing or get you started. Say "hi" to Gregory for us - he's the snorkeling guy and he takes you to the BEST places!!

The entertainment staff never runs out of energy and they are the friendliest people in the world! They had the place going every day and every night. There was always something fun to see and do at night. But do not expect too much night life, unless you want to create it yourself - the piano bar stays open until 3am.

Definitely do the couples massage on the island - it was very relaxing and romantic!

If you are looking for a more private, relaxing resort to reconnect in a beautiful atmosphere, this is the place! We loved Jamaica and will definitely return, thanks to RC!!

12  Thank BeachBallerina
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Novelette, Akiree, Clive, Ashley, Patrice.....thank you for making our shakey start a wonderful experience, Jerry and I had a ball. Maybe we will come back to visit you. Thanks for sharing a meal with us. You guys are very special. Met some wonderful newlyweds, and wish them nothing but peace and joy and a wonderful life together!

1  Thank bearsfeather