This is the third Sandals we have visited, the others being the Halcyon in St Lucia and Antigua, and this was our favourite.
The major difference over the others was the attitude of the staff, nothing was too much trouble, and they are extremely friendly. We would quite often talk to the waiters for a while during and after meals or when we saw them around the property.
The property is also looked after to a very high standard, the gardens are beautiful, and tended to daily. They were also continually painting and maintaining the buildings whilst we were there. We even saw one of the water sports staff using his scuba gear to enable him to clean the bottom of one of the pools.
The property is not large and there isn't really the opportunity to go for walks along the beach or around the gardens, unlike the others we have been to. The beach areas are not large either, and split into 3 by piers, we spent the majority of our time by the pool in front our room (Kensington block), which was on the whole quiet in comparison to the main beach.
The food was very good. We enjoyed all the restaurants, with the Courtyard being our particular favourite. We didn't visit any of the othe other 2 properties so cannot comment on the food there although we heard good reports on Tokyo Joes. As has already been reported in other reviews, I could not see any watering down of drinks and there was certainly no need for tipping, if you wanted extra spirits you only needed to ask rather than tip.
The beach sellers canoe along the front but a polite no thanks will stop them from hassling you.
We did 1 tour, the canopy tour which was excellent. We found the tour desk very helpful and not pushy at all.
You will hear some aircraft noise, on average about 8 filghts went over each day, ranging in time from about 8am up until 9pm. The noise only lasts about 30 secs and isn't a problem.
As signature guests our room was upgraded to a honeymoon luxury beachfront concierge room. We have a whirpool bath and a fridge restocked daily with both water, soft drinks and alcohol and our maid looked after the room beautifully. We also enjoyed the signature meal on Wed by the pool and there is a sunset cruise on each Friday as well which we heard was very good.
If you are travelling from the UK, don't use Air Jamaica, althought the actual flights were OK we were redirected to Kingston on the way out and had a 5 1/2 delay on the way back. I believe that from Oct Virgin are taking over the daily route from Heathrow so that should improve things.
All in all, we would head bak to SRC as soon as is possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Reservation Counter so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean