The good: the weather, the resort was in great shape and clean, our honeymoon suite was great, nice staff. Attitudes were nice & laid-back.
The bad: food was below average (hey- it's an island, you're not there for the food), the beer on tap was in plastic cups and not always cold; the staff was "forgetful", and they don't put limes in gin & tonics for some reason, the guys hassling you to buy drugs are in the water when you try to go swimming, and you couldn't hear the waves because they were 100 yards away.
Planes weren't too obtrusive- just a few a day. I would do Sandals again, maybe not in Jamaica though. Glad we stayed at this one and NOT Montego Bay- which is on the runway. Also- glad we didin't have to drive 2 hours to the other reports. Defintiely a place for back-tattooed NASCAR fans from Pensacola.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean