Let's see, we (my wife and I plus two friends) have been going to this Sandals and Negril Sandals for 8 years. I understand that we go in the off season (due to our jobs) but every time we have gone to this resort they are doing construction. It takes away from the whole tropical paradise experience when jackhammers start up right after breakfast. I always ask resorts when I book if any construction is planned, and I've always been lied to by Sandals in this respect. The staff working at the airport is very nice, but seems to have lost a bit of organization over the years, despite going to a computer system. And their contracted drivers are unclear about the stickers they use to get the luggage to the right resort - you kinda have to watch them. Once at the resort, after checking in but before the room is ready, again they seem a little more disorganized than in past years. Still very nice and helpful though. The butler service is worth it if you can afford it. Can't say enough about the butler we had last time, and hope we get him again. He was outstanding. The food was very good. The bar service was running a little slow, the hot water in the room wasn't hot most of the time and water pressure was a joke. Complained all week about the water and nothing happened. The playmakers were mostly good (there were even a few we had met in previous visits), with a couple of exceptions. We participate in just about everything, so we rack up a lot of points towards awards (rum, t-shirts, etc.). The day we left we got this song and dance about there being no bottles of rum on the resort to award us with. One of the playmakers finally showed up with one after I dropped a few hints about not believing a Sandals resort in Jamaica would run out of bottles of rum. The second item that irritated me was we had earned enough points for two t-shirts. This time the buck passed from playmaker to playmaker as to who was going to decorate the shirts until it was time for us to leave, at which point we were promised they would mail them to us. That did not happen either. We finally got one t-shirt sent to us after filling out their questionaire and putting the bulk of this review in the additional comments at the end. Someone does read those and sent us a letter apologizing for all the above and giving us two free days on our next stay. I know the price of the rum and a couple of t-shirts is chump change compared to what you pay for a week stay, but it is both an example and the final straw. I have to say when we go back this year (with an even larger group of people) they will have to convince me to ever go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean