We have been to two Sandals resorts on St Lucia and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. So to mark our 25th Wedding Anniversary we decided it had to be a Sandals resort again. We had an open mind as to which island to go to, so we looked through the Sandals brochure and on the Internet to study them in detail. We eventually decided on the Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica. We were particualry tempted by the fact that there was a private island just offshore with a Thai restuarant on it. All our enquiries prior to leaving received an immediate e-mail reply from Leighton Josephs, the customer relations manager, which filled us with confidence that we had made the right decision. This was borne out during our two week stay. We were fortunate enough to stay in a consiege room which was beautifully decorated, with a comfortable 4 poster bed and a stylish jacuzzi bathroom. There are also amazing river suites, plus Oceanfront rooms and nicely positioned further accommodation - so there is a great variety of choice for people who wish to stay. We can honestly say that no-one could wish for a more perfect resort, though some might find aircraft noise intrusive. About 12 flights a day took the planes over the hotel, but we soon got used to it. It was over in seconds and didn't disturb the general feeling of peace a quiet. A hotel lives and dies by the quality of service, and by that yardstick the Royal Caribbean could not be bettered. We found all the staff to be exceptional, courteous and friendly. Iain, the General Manager was very involved and hands on and how often does a Manager see off his quests, personally, at the end of their stay? Leighton Josephs was charming and helpful and over the two weeks became more like a friend. With such leadership it is no wonder that all the staff, without exception, always greeted you in a friendly way. The location of the hotel was perfect, with the choice of four different beach areas, which were being constantly raked. Of all the All Inclusive holidays that we have ever taken we have never had such high quality food. There was a French, Jamaican and Thai restaurant, all A la Carte and a Main Restaurant Buffet-style, plus the Cricketers Pub, which was great fun. On top of that, a five minuet shuttle-bus ride to the Sandals Montego Bay resort took you to a lovely beach and in the evenings to two more fantastic restuarants - an Italian and a Japanese - again of the highest standard and a friendly and welcoming staff. There was entertainment every night with a variety of acts all supported by entertainment staff. One, named "New York" even covered herself in chocolate for the chocolate buffet. But the highlight for us was the private island. The Thai restaurant was beautiful. You could look at it all lit up at night across the water and when you were there you could look back at the bright lights of the main resort - quite magical. The surprise was the rest of the island. A dragon boat went backwards and forwards all day and all night. The island was wooded and there were two beach areas with loungers that never got crowded, which suited us as we both love snorkelling. There was a bar and a small swimming pool that were busier but amongst the treees was a buffet lunch where you could sit in seclusion. It really was a delightful little island both day and night. Our favourite trip was when we went to Dunns River falls. It was a unique experience to climb them and quite exhilerating. If we sound enthusiastic - then we are! It is great when a holiday exceeds your expectations and we hope that one day we will return.
Chris and Sue Branson. Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean