My husband and I visited the Royal Caribbean for our wedding and honeymoon the first week in July of this year. WE LOVED IT! We stayed in the Kensington Building and the room was incredible. Stay here, it is the only renovated section. The in-room bar was very handy and stocked, but we found only when you asked for it to be. The grounds are very well taken care of and the staff could not be more accommodating or genuinely friendly! The food was outstanding.
The wedding was the most beautiful thing and was beyond our wildest expectations. The Reverend is a wise, wonderful man who has performed almost 12,000 weddings, but makes you feel like his only couple. The gazebo was a great location to get married! The reception was great as well. One note- have a candlelight dinner in the gazebo on your wedding night- it does cost $140US, but is sooooooo worth it! This was the most romantic part of the trip. The flowers, cake, and wedding coordinator are also great! Maybe the best part- our photographer was amazing! Our pictures look very professional and he couldn't have been a nicer guy! Bad news- Sandals is getting rid of him because he is freelance and they will be doing their own photos. This is a shame!
The private island is a big bonus! There was hardly anyone there and we only saw one person off in the distance using the "clothing optional" option. The sandbars are great and the island bar is very quiet. At times we along with maybe one or two other couples were the only ones on the island! The Royal Thai restaurant is also great.
If you notice the dates, you will see that Hurricane Dennis came on our honeymoon! The staff was very adept at keeping us comfortable and feeling safe. They also gave us 3 complimentary nights even though a technical hurricane did not hit.
A word about the other 2 Sandals in Montego Bay: Sandals Inn is a DUMP! Do not stay here! It is right in town and has a public beach, very small public beach. Sandals Montego Bay is a good place for the young party crowd and is very large. Royal is just that-Royal- smaller, intimate, romantic, and cozy.
We can't wait to go back!
Feel free to e-mail me with questions, especially you future brides!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean