Well, first of all we were really lucky, 'cause we originally booked for Sandals Inn, but Sandals representatives met us at the airport and told us that Sandals Inn were completely sold out, so they transfered us to Royal Caribbean. Since I have done my homework prior to booking our honeymoon, I knew that Royal Caribbean was better and more expensive, so I was happy!
The shuttle was waiting for us by the airport, and they really did not expect any tips (tips are included in price), they even helped us with our luggage. When we got to Sandals, in the lobby we were greeted with a wet towel and a glass of champagne. Right there we felt like Royals and we knew our stay was going to be a pleasant one. The staff were really friendly. The lobby was very beautiful, nicely decorated. Check-in was fast and very pleasant.
Our room was nice, located on the second floor with a balcony overlooking one of the pools and jacuzzi, very pleasant view.
The food was great, the buffets were wonderful (I have never had such good food since our honeymoon). The buffets were also nicely decorated. The drinks were really good. And it is so nice to go on vacation like that, all-inclusive, and forget about your wallet for a week, and not worry about how much it cost. My husband and I think it's the best way to vacation and really relax. They also had the best cappuccino in the courtyard launge, one of those help-yourself cappuccino machines. m-m-m-m
It is very nice that they have planned activities all day long, you will not get borred: beach volleybal, pool volleyball, other pool activities, bingo, pool table and ping pong table. The staff that are responsible for keeping the guests entertained are so nice and friendly. During our 7-day stay we got to know them so well, it was hard to leave and say good-byes. Nightly entertainment is also really good: organized games for couples, dansing, singing, having lots of fun.
The beach is nice and clean, with white sand and beautiful, warm ocean water. The non-motorized water sports are included and fun.
The shuttles to other 2 Sandals, Montego Bay and Sandals Inn were very convinient. We were able to go to different restaurants between these 3 Sandals all 7 nights. It was really good!
Overall, we had a blast, and are really happy with our Honeymoon choice. Would definatly recomend it to all couples. If Sandals were not as expensive, we'd go there every year. But for now, we'll go back there as soon as we can afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean