My husband and I visited in September 03 for our ninth anniversary. We were immediately disappointed. I had specifically asked for non-smoking, ocean front room, on their "Club Level". We got a second floor, ocean front room with a great view, but it smelled like a smokers lounge. We then asked to be moved and had to argue with the staff. When moved we got, for the same price, a poolside first floor room with no ocean view at all. The room was dirty, worn, and old looking. The food was terrible. There was no beach to speak of. The drinks were very good, as was the friendly waitstaff. The only thing that saved this vacation for us were the many tours and day trips we took. We are taking a trip for our tenth. Needless to say it won't be at a Sandles resort. We are going to the Ritz in Cancun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean