My wife and I went to this hotel almost every day of our honeymoon. We did not stay here so I cannot comment on the rooms or the price but we took a shuttle here and enjoyed the restaurants, bars, entertainment, and water sports. Before I review any further I have to compliment Courtney, one of the bar trainee's while we were there. I was in a horrible mood as I had just lost my wedding ring playing beach volleyball (it was sized too big and I had just applied sunscreen so I guess my hand was slick) so naturally I went to the swim up pool bar for a little liquid solace. It wasn't very busy at this particular time and Courtney must have talked to my wife and I for almost 20 minutes reassuring me that as long as I had her a ring didn't matter. Our drinks were great and he told us about the program where he basically "tries out" for 6 weeks and if he does well he is hired on full-time. If we return to Jamaica we will probably stay here as this resort has delicious food, watersports, and a less crowded beach than Montego Bay. Courtney better get that full-time job he deserves it! He remembered me and we talked for a couple of minutes every time we came back to the Royal throughout the week. Get reservations at the Royal Thai as it fills up fast and was the best place we ate. There's a clothing optional part of the private island if you're into that sort of thing and you can reach it from a boat that departs about every 10 minutes. You will assuredly see and hear peacocks as they live near the resort. Even if you decide to stay at Sandals Montego Bay or Sandals Carlyle (as we did) be sure to take advantage of the free shuttle service and checkout SRC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean