After spending a week at Sandals Grande Riviera we were given a private transfer for our 1st split stay to Sandals Royal Caribbean. We planned a 5 night stay here because we wanted to be closer to the airport on departure day. It was our first time to this resort.
Upon arrival we had a few hiccups and were not feeling the warm and fuzzies.
I immediately emailed my fabulous travel agent the wonderful Ruth DeMuth to get our issues sorted and literally received a response within 2 minutes! She was on the case and it was a great feeling to have someone on my side! Thanks again Ruth.
We were very lucky in that we had the wonderful butler team of Hughill & Ellis. They are both true professions and were able to immediately get a feel of what we were looking for during our stay. They really helped turn our bumpy start into a relaxing stay. If you're planning a visit here, cross your fingers that they are you butlers. Thank you Hughill & Ellis!
If you're concerned about airplane noise, please put your fears to rest. Yes, the 1st few times they passed, I was startled for a moment but by the time the 3rd plane flew over, it was not at all bothersome.
Our lounge chairs were set up for us on the beach with a cooler full of water and diet coke, which is exactly what we wanted. There was excellent drink service on the beach! I'm talking literally every 5 minutes so you never had to wait for a cocktail.
On our 2nd full day we decided to venture over to the CO part of the private island. On that particular day, the dragon boat was not running and they were using a regular boat. I forgot the boat operators name but as a boat owner myself, I was amazed at her docking skills! She was awesome.
There were only a few people at the CO area when we arrived and there was an older gentleman who was alone and stared a little too long. We had met one of the couples at the returning guest dinner at SGR so we chatted for a few minutes and decided we would move our lounge chairs to a more secluded spot. Unfortunately we weren't getting any sun in that area so we decided to take the boat back to the main beach.
One phone call to our butler and there were lounge chairs ready and waiting for us when we got back!
The GM Louis Grant and Tamara (butler manager) had come to see us on the beach to let us know that Ruth had been in constant touch to sort out the bumps. They are both class acts and am very happy to have spent some time with them!
Breakfast is always our favorite meal and The Regency did not dissapoint. My favorite is the banana bread. Yum! There is a nice variety and the food is fresh.
For dinner we had surf and turf a few times and it was always delicious. The lobster tails were wonderful and the steaks were cooked to perfection. The portions were quite generous! If you like shrimp, make sure to try the Tiger Shrimp from the Regency. The beef patties from the grill were also a favorite.
We didn't go in any of the pools but plenty of people were in them. Towels were never an issue.
On our last full day we had a cabana on the beach. There was some spotty showers that day so it was the perfect place to be. Nicole was our cabana concierge and kept bringing me Dirty Bananas without me asking for them
The resort has a really nice vibe to it. It was at 100% occupancy but did not feel crowded. The one thing I didn't really like was that there were a number of groups during our stay. I feel groups change the "couples in love" feel but that's just my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean