My apologies for this very late review. I stayed here in June 2013 and I have been to several other Sandals properties, but this was my first at SRC. Amazing food, probably some of the best I've had yet. And the island was spectacular! The best though, was the incredible service we had. More on that in a moment.
To be honest, my first few hours there were actually not that great. We paid a very reasonable low season price for our room (even though it’s still a hell of a lot of money in comparison to other resorts!) so I knew we wouldn't be in total luxury, however, I was very disappointed in the room they gave us. It was very dingy without a balcony and the noise was unbearable as there wasn't a way to close the window in the bathroom. I'm not really a complainer and tried to make the best of it. We got into vacation mode and went down to the main pool which was actually a bit on the murkey side. The hot tub looked terrible and I couldn't bring myself to go in. I'm not used to this kind of an experience at a Sandals. Needless to say, I was starting to feel really bummed out about my decision to go there.
Our first night, I barely slept. I decided to get up and talk to the front desk at around 6AM and asked what our options were. It was my fiancé's very first time at Sandals and I was trying to convince him to do a destination wedding, so far he could tell I wasn't happy. After I explained how I felt to the lady at the desk (and a manager too - I forget their names) they told me to come back around 9AM. They showed me another room closest to the road and the tennis court which was 1000% better. They really were amazingly accommodating, they really listened and took care of us and completely turned our trip around.
From then on, I had one of the best Sandals vacations yet. The pool was cleaned, the restaurants were AMAZING, I LOVED the buffet and can't understand why people have anything to complain about. So much selection, the world's best coffee (I don't drink coffee anywhere else!). Although Le Jardinière was rained out, we were seated inside and had the most delicious dinner. I had to laugh at the people sitting next to us who were confused by it all, saying it ”wasn’t very American”… Good Lord! Why bother travelling outside of Florida then?? LOL anyways, you can't get better than this (unless you’re overly sheltered). Well you can if it doesn't rain! I can't wait to go back and have dinner in that beautiful courtyard with all the beautiful bougainvillea flowers, Humming birds, rainbows and peacocks.
The beach grill had the very best jerk chicken and Odane always had the best service and smile, I still think about it six months later how he really impacted our experience. So did many others, almost everyone was intent on ensuring you were well looked after. I can’t wait to go back here, I’ll make sure to stay in a better room category though, it’s far more with it! Thank you for a wonderful vacation, we might be back for our wedding next July!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean