We have stayed at this resort the most of all our Sandals vacations. We just love the staff, the cozy layout, and proximity to the airport. This trip was a quick 5 nights and only planned two months out (we already had a planned vacation here for next March for 7 nights).
We booked Club Mobay arrival service this trip, and was worth every penny! Many planes arrived at the same time so immigration was packed. We sailed through, got our bags, breezed through customs and checked in at Sandals before heading to the Club Mobay arrival lounge. We were traveling with another couple and booked a private transfer to SRC through Reggae Tours. Excellent, efficient service with a smile! We also used the departure service which is also a great way to keep the vacation vibe going a little bit longer after dealing with the airport stress.
Both couples received an unexpected upgrade to the Kensington block. The resort was very close to full capacity and I think our short travel dates just fell within a window where this upgrade was possible. We have always stayed in the Kensington on all our other stays, but this trip was a quick one and we booked a less expensive room and would have been happy with that, but the upgrade was very welcomed! This room is on the far end of the resort with its own pool and tends to be on the quite side. And Club Sandals comes with complimentary wifi for up to 3 devices per room. We had some issues connecting but Dezreen (Concierge Manager) happened by our patio in the morning and helped to get us connected. It involved a call to their IT dept, but it worked fine after that. Both Dezreen and Andre from Concierge/Club Sandals took very good care of us. Very attentive and always remembered us by name.
Due to the new Grenada and Barbados properties opening, the GM, Mr Grant, has come back from retirement temporarily to reprise his role until a new manager is appointed. He presented us our gold crowns at the returnees dinner. The dinner was inside the Regency due to threatening weather that didn't come to pass, and was heavily attended.
The weather was pretty consistent for December, mid to high 80's during the day with intermittent clouds/sprinkles each day for a very short time, bright sun the rest. Mid 70's at night. The trade winds were blowing and the seas were sometimes rough. More days than not snorkeling was cancelled.
Even at close to capacity the resort never felt that full. The pub didn't seem as lively as normal (we are NOT night owls) when we stopped in for dinner twice. It may be at later hours. Le Jardinière was wonderful as always, and in fact I think I had the best Salmon dish I have ever had anywhere! The Regency was also very good with the Lobster tail entree. We ate at the Mariners Grill every day for lunch and occasionally had the pizza, a great option. Breakfast was either the generous buffet/omelette station at the Regency or at the Pub for a-la-carte service. Both are great.
The bar service was typically efficient and service with a smile. Curtis and Dwain were always there to mix something special. I could not believe that Dwain had only been with Sandals for 2 weeks! Verna has moved to the beach grill bar. Always great to see her smile!
Activities at the main pool were typical, water aerobics in the morning, play makers with various games, pool volleyball in the afternoon, etc.
One afternoon that looked like potential rain we booked a couples massage at the spa. It poured! Great timing. The service was good, but did get the sales pitch at the end for products. It wasn't a heavy sell, but still could do without it.
Another wonderful vacation at Sandals. Can't wait to be "home" again in the spring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean