A few years ago we went for a week at Sandals Royal Caribbean. The hotel is outdated and needs some major improvements. It was so outdated that it was hard to enjoy ourselves, especially in the room. The grout on the floors and shower walls made us very reluctant to walk barefoot or shower. The bedroom furnishings looked like the original furnishings, the mattress wasn't at all comfortable and the chairs and table were all wobbly and uneven. On our 4th day the power went out a few times and on day 5 the power in our block of rooms went out and stayed out for over 10 hours. We were then temporarily put up overnight in a room that had power, it was 2 categories lower than the room we had but it looked so much more modern than ours. The hot tubs were always too cool,water level too low and some of the jets didn't work. The swimming pool was shut down way too early every evening and there were never enough floats. In 7 days we never were out early enough to get a float. To me the accommodations is 90% of the trip, if the room isn't nice it really negatively affects the vacation. We have been to most of the other Sandals resorts and this one just doesn't compare. The housekeeping service really leaves much to be desired, you never know when or if they are coming to clean your room, if they do they only make up the bed and give new towels they don't clean anything during the stay nor will they change the sheets if you don't ask. The only thing we somewhat enjoyed is our dining experience.
Overall I would say this is probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed in on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean