Me and my husband chose this year Sandals Royal Carribean to celebrate our birthday on 28th of March 2004 and spent 14 days there. First of all I would like to comment on our dissapointments and then our satisfactions. When we arrived after 10 hours flying our only dream was to go to our "luxurious"!! room and have some rest. Unfortunately rooms are the biggest dissapointments about The Royal Caribbean. They need completely refurbishments which the management is working on it now. They are too old and far away from being luxury. After spending 3 days in our room we decided we cant put up with it anymore especially when the showers didnt work one afternoon. Talking to the reception was not helpful but finally we managed to talk to the Front Desk Manager and thanks to her we transferred to a newly built block of rooms which was really very nice. So here are the tips :* If you are going there try to book it after all the refurbishments done or if you have already booked it try not to dissapoint like us! *The beach is very small so go to Montego Bay`s beach by the shuttle which is really great. *Dont expect too much about the Royal Thai Rest. but the others are really very good but their menu never changes!! If you insist on Far East meal try definitely Tokyo Joe`s. * If you are in love with dolphins like us definitely try Ocho Rios to swim with them. But you should bear in mind 2 hours trip is really very rough because of the roads. * The people are very nice and friendly. * If you have any comments or criticisms about the Sandals go and talk to the management. They are open minded people. * And if I were you I wouldnt have expected too much after looking at the brochures and definitely never ever have chosen Sandals Inn which has NO beach at all!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean