My husband and I recently returned from our 6 day stay at Sandals Royal Carribean. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived because we had been upgraded to room overlooking the swim up lagoon. Our room was cozy with a large king size bed and a beautiful whirlpool tub. Each day we either went to the beach on the main resort or took a trip over to the private island to hang out there. Drinks were plentiful and we were consistently satisfied by their selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. The Bamboo Shack was open on the private island from 1230-230 and that was our favorite lunch spot. Our favorite dinner spot was Le Jardinier, but make sure you make a reservation if you want to go. We would recommend ordering a Jamaican Smile, Purple Rain or Dirty Banana as your drink choice. You will not be disappointed!
We would recommend you sign up for an excursion at the resort through Island Routes (these are an additional cost). We took a day trip to Negril with our tour guide Dalton. It was SO much fun! We went to the Sandals Negril for a few hours and stopped to do some shopping and sight-seeing in Negril as well. Before we headed back, we went cliff diving and had some delicious jerk chicken at a place called The Caves. We would also recommend taking a trip to the other Montego Bay Sandals resorts. The shuttles are free and run every hour.
Did I mention that this was our honeymoon? We were given a complimentary candlelit dinner on our last night at the resort and was surprised many evenings by rose petals on our bed and a bottle of champagne! You would be crazy not to book your vacation at this resort. You will meet friendly people who are both guests and those working at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean