My wife and I just returned from a 6-day honeymoon at Sandals Royal Caribbean. We stayed in a butler category room and had Hughill and Ellis as our butlers. They made the experience so much better! They brought breakfast for us, set chairs up at the beach for us so we didn't have to get up early in the morning to drop our stuff off to claim our chairs, brought a cooler of drinks to us, chose our dinners for us all week, helped get excursions setup and had us prepared for every day of our stay. Their services were well worth what we paid for!
The property had a nice open feel, the beach was always well taken care of, and the food was all amazing! The property is so well maintained and had beautiful flowers, trees and bamboo everywhere. The beach is a good size that you don't feel overwhelmed with people around you. The swimming area on the beach is not too deep that you can bring your drink into the water and not have to worry about losing it to any waves. If you look close enough, you can see that there are small barracuda, fish and even hermit crabs all around but they don't ever bother you. The Sandals Cay island was small, but nice!
The food was all very delicious. Be sure to try any of the Jerk Chicken recipes or even the Jerk Burger from the Mariner bar and grill. Save some room during the day to catch a pizza snack at Pizza Napoli. The Jerk Chicken pizza is amazing here! I didn't try it but the seafood pizza was also getting rave reviews from many of the couples we talked to! Try and reserve a dinner in the Regency around 6:30-7pm, you can watch the sunset on the deck while you eat! If you like lobster, be sure to order the Lobster at the Regency for dinner.
The staff were also all very friendly, accomodating and always smiling. The evening entertainment was awesome and interactive! The entertainment crew: Nicky, Ginger, Richie Rich, Hollywood, Kermit kept all the daily and evening activities very fun! Karim from the photoshop takes great photos, so if you're interested in a photo session, book it with him, he did a great job taking pictures for us! Housekeeping was in the room at least 2-3 times a day making sure the bed was made and they left us surprises through the day with their towel creations and making sure our towels were always stocked. The drink guys came through daily to make sure our fridge was replenished and our butlers left afternoon snacks for us in the room every day.
If you're looking for some great drinks to try, stop over at the Pool Swim-up Bar to see a list of "some" of the drinks. We highly recommend trying the Dirty Banana, Sky Juice and the Miami Vice. The pool bar bartenders are all awesome and funny!
We had the pleasure of booking this trip through Ruth DeMuth of Tripguy Travel. She was very easy to work with, and always very prompt to respond to any questions we had. If you are considering booking a honeymoon on the Sandals site, get in touch with Ruth DeMuth instead! Tell her what you're looking for and she will go above and beyond to get you everything you are looking for in your trip! My wife and I are trying to figure out when we'll come back to this resort, and we will definitely book again through Ruth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean