We were new to the all-inclusive holiday and wanted to go to the best! Sandals has an excellent reputation in providing fantastic service, food and location and we were not disappointed. We definitely wanted to go to Montego Bay and chose Royal Caribbean, quite simply, because of the private island. We set out with high expectations but Sandals Royal Caribbean resort far exceeded those expectations. Entertainment staff work really hard to provide a lot of fun all day, every day, including partying (if you choose) until the early hours. The staff at the Mariner grill were wonderful, friendly and attentive. Nicola (on the beach) and Iesha were brilliant and Odane is the shining star, he was always one step ahead in ensuring excellent service to all. The entire staff are welcoming and so friendly, it just feels like a really happy place to be. Our room was good, plenty of wardrobe space with enough hangers! A huge, comfortable bed. The fridge was always well stocked with a good variety of soft drinks and we had a balcony over-looking the beautiful, well tended gardens. Everything at the resort is clean and tidy, well maintained and neat. The beach with the clear warm sea is a great place to watch the world go by. We didn't think the beach was too small, we stayed at the Royal Caribbean 19th to 30th June 2013 and never had a problem finding two spare sun-loungers, in the shade, nor did we see the beach full to capacity. Plenty of room although I appreciate it may get busier during July/August. There is some noise from planes due to the resort's proximity to the airport but honestly, it is not like your average London airport. Planes are intermittent during the day and the noise is not ground-shaking or deafening plus it lasts only for a few seconds. Wherever you eat at the resort, the food is amazing and there is so much choice. Buffet breakfast in the Regency or table service at the Cricketers, buffet lunch in the Regency, pizza or jerk chicken (plus lots more) at the beach. Dinner is a treat which ever restaurant you opt for and the table service is excellent. Our favourite restaurant (if we really, really have to pick just one) was Jardinier, melt in the mouth beef or lamb, tasty chicken, in fact the whole menu was great. The private island takes a couple of minutes to reach by boat and is so peaceful. All in all, Sandals Royal Caribbean resort is the perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy yourselves - we did! You can do as much or as little as you like, eat when you're ready, drink whatever, whenever (we never witnessed any alcohol induced rowdiness or overindulgence during our stay). I could continue to wax lyrical about the resort but I will finish by thanking all the staff for a wonderful time and look forward to seeing you on our return trip next year. Can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean