“Outstanding Place”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The resort is only 15 minutes from the airport, we had a concierge room which over looked the sea with a balcony and room service. From the moment we arrived to a champagne reception nothing was too much trouble for the staff and management of the resort. Louis the manager was always around checking on your enjoyment. There are many restaurant choices but book to avoid missing out. The white night was not well advertised unless you had been before you would not have known that Monday night is white night and that it was buffet service by the pool for dinner. The Cricketers Pub food was good but extremely noisy and filled with smoke from the cooking area.
The Regency was lovely for a relaxed outdoor breakfast and dinner under the stars. The highlight has to be the private island with the Thai Restaurant quiet relaxed dining with the added evening boat ride.
No matter what time you got to a pool/beach there was plenty of sunbeds available and the waiter service on the beach and around the pools was fantastic.
The only downside was the people round the pool on their i pads phones etc skyping thier families for everyone to hear
Overall this was an amazing resort and I would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Book a concierge room they are at the end of the resort and very quiet to get room service and a sto...
2  Thank curlysue4

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I were married at this resort on 12/12/12! This was our first trip together and my husbands first time on a plane! Nerve racking to say the least! It was AMAZING! From the moment that we got off the shuttle we were greeted with smiles. I had a group of 6 people with us at the resort, and my parents had actually lost their luggage on the way there! Sandals helped them out giving them a gift shop credit (for some miscommunication, not just for the heck of it) to get them a change of clothes for the wedding! I had decided against doing my own make up for the wedding - I wanted to look different than I did every other day of the year, and brought a few pictures of what hair styles and make up ideas I thought would like nice. The wonderful woman that did my hair and make up was FANTASTIC! I seriously could NOT believe the miracle work she did! She made me look like a princess! The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful as well and answered all of my annoying questions. I really wish I could remember the names of these two ladies, they made my special day extra special! Keeping in mind that I was there to be married on one of the most popular "wedding" days of the year and they still made me feel like I was one of a kind. Amazingly, even though I was told there were a total of 12 (I think?) other weddings going on that day, I only recall seeing one other bride and groom. The wedding went absolutely perfectly, without a single hitch. We were lucky enough to have my Aunt and Uncle, and a good friend with us and all of which are "amateur" photographers and decided between the 3 of them we should have plenty of pictures to chose from, so we did not do any of the photo packages through Sandals. I cannot express how amazing the whole trip was. After finally getting "through" the wedding and being able to relax, we spent as much time as we could on the beach. Yes, there was a little sea weed, but WAY better than ANY beach back home in Oregon. I didn't need a wet suit! The beach out at the private Island was my personal favorite. Less people take the time to go out there, so a little more privacy, but with the same luxury. Still have nice restrooms, spa area, whirlpool and swim up bar in the pool. There is also a nude beach on the back side of the island if that's your cup of tea! (no idea what this area is like, did not explore this area). The shuttle to get to the private island takes about 1 minute and even being sea sick, did not bother me at all. While spending time on the private island, we discovered a sting ray, beautiful schools of colorful fish and awesome little sea crabs all just off shore! No snorkeling equipment needed! On our last day we were way more hesitant to get out of the water to get refills of our beverages, so instead, the bartender put fishing waders on and brought the drinks out to us IN THE OCEAN! We didn't have to budge.... Talk about not wanting to leave! As for the food - I did not have one bad meal the whole time I was there. We did frequent one restaurant more often than others, but not due to the food.... Due to the staff! Kevin and Jason the manager (I think that was his name? Too much to drink!) at the Cricketers Pub made our night on several occasions, keeping us going back just for the laughs. The room was good. AC kept it cool, bed was comfy. We spent very little time in the room though! Overall was way more than I ever expected and am keeping a daily countdown until we get to go "back home".

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our 3rd trip in 18 months to this resort. Never disappointed, always pleased with service, food and the facility. The service is great, we enjoyed several spa treatments this time and was happy with all of them. Lots of fun activities always going on, and just a relaxing place. We will be returning, I'm sure. The bartenders are great fun, love the evening cook at the Mariners Grill Andrea, she's a real sweetheart, and Rodane, best bartender.

Room Tip: We always stay at the Beachfront walkup rooms. We prefer the beach to the pools. Windsor building, i...
2  Thank Thunderfan54
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The resort is quite big.The beach is small but very clean and well kept.The staff was very courteous and ever smiling.The concierge staff was very helpful all the time.There were lot of options to eat n drink in different restaurants/bars.Since we were vegetarins we had to request them for special food for us and they were more than happy to do it .We liked specially thai and beach restaurant.Private island was much quiter than main beach and only a very small portion of that was clothing optional.Evening entertainment programes were very ordinary.It would have been better if these shows were more adults oriented with guests patcipation.It was an excellent place to relax.

Room Tip: It is better to avoid the rooms near main pool which is very noisy part of resort.The rooms near qui...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BalkrishnaShroff
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I have just spent the most amazing week at SRC. Special thanks to Valencie in the water sports team who took us out snorkelling 3 times and also took us sailing in a hobycat which was fantastic. He always took the time to stop and chat to us when he was collecting the towels at the end of the day. Also to Kevin in the cricketers arms. You can't miss him as he stands about 6foot 4 inches and has a big smile to match his height. Also to Preeya in the French. Restaurant sorry if that's not quite right but you know who you are), who always welcomed us so warmly and made sure everything was 5 star. Everything went like clockwork once we had collected our luggage, the transfer to the hotel, the check in, all done quickly and efficiently. We had a beachfront 1st floor room with a great view of the private island. All of the restaurants offered good food, good drinks and excellent service. We didn't buy wine as the house wine and champagne were fine. Cocktails are fab, especially the Jamaican Smile. Afternoon tea is a treat not to be missed. We visited sandals Montego Bay for dinner one night, the food was good and it was nice to eat on the beach, however the hotel seemed more of a party hotel so we were glad we chose ours, there was entertainment of some sort every night with the entertainment team working hard all day and night. We only discovered the sing along in the piano bar on the last night unfortunately. Thanks to Richie rich for my salsa dance. :). All in all, we could not find anything to fault at this hotel and would recommend it very highly.

Room Tip: Beach front is good. Although it would be nice to have ground floor as you can walk out onto the bea...
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I just honeymooned at sandals royal Caribbean and it was wonderful. The staff is all friendly and accommodating. Everyone takes the time to learn your name and chat with you. We especially liked Tracy Ann and Tremaine. We stayed in a honeymoon beachfront walkout concierge room. If you want a quieter room, make sure you are away from the terrace where nightly activities occur. It can get pretty loud. The bed was comfy. The maid service was frequent and it was so nice to be able to walk out to the beach. The beach is smaller than at Sandals Monto Bay, but we liked the atmosphere a RC better. Plus, smaller beach = faster drink service. The food at Le jardinier was incredible. The concierge service was very attentive, remembering that I asked for extra water and calling to check that we received it. We can't wait to return. Already missing the dirty bananas!

1  Thank Blair G
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great place to unwind, water is clear, food is wonderful, rooms are very nice, variety of areas to eat, swim and drink. The staff is very friendly and always offering suggestions. Private island is clothing optional.. Which was a surprise! Not our thing..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple