My wife and I went on our honeymoon to the Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay last week and had a great time. The place itself was very clean and even though it is not huge it definitely has enough options to not have to repeat yourself.
They have about 7 different restaurants so you can have a different dinner option each night of the week. The food was great and the staff in the restaurants were very friendly. There are also bars located all over the resort and there is not a drink they do not know how to make.
Overall, the entire staff was great. They were all so friendly and funny. A couple that stuck out were Chad from the photo shop and Stephen from the water sports. We saw Chad a number of times throughout the week and he always stopped to chat with us and get a few pics of us. Stephen took us out on the Hobie one day and out to snorkel another - he was pretty funny and threw in some free Jamaican and Sandals history/trivia for us.
Even though everything I mentioned up top is great, by far the best part of our trip was our butlers. We had Jason & Khalil - they each work half the day so you always have one of them just a phone call away. They set any dinner reservation you want, save the best chairs at the beach or pool for you with towels and a cooler stocked with the drink of your choice, they answer any questions you may have on all of the excursions and will make sure you get a spot on any excursion you choose to do, and so much more. My wife and I were laughing that we were going to miss Jason & Khalil more than we were going to miss the Sandals & Jamaica. We will be back to this resort and I do not think we would say that if it was not for those two.
Just looking at the things below, I will give a few quick notes.
The service was great top to bottom.
The value was actually probably out of our price range but since it was our honeymoon we splurged and can now say we had no regrets doing so.
Sleep quality was great, rooms are cold and can be as dark as possible if you completely close all of the shades. (Personally I love cold dark rooms to sleep in - you can set the temperature and lighting to your own preference).
The room and entire resort were very clean.
Location is great - only 10 minutes from the airport.
Our room was big, had a shower and tub, mini bar, big tv, big bed.
The food was great - plenty of different options. The lunchtime jerk chicken at the private island was probably our favorite.
It would be nice if they had a few more beers to choose from, but they have every kind of liquor and plenty of wine options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean