I got married at this resort on April 25th. It was our second time at a Sandal's property. We decided to get married here because of amazing experience we had last time. The property itself is gorgeous! The people who work there are the friendliest and most caring people I have ever met. They all say hello and ask your name, then actually remember it when they see you again. The beach is very clean and private, so no vendors walking around trying to sell you stuff. There are tons of choices for food, all of it is amazing. Everything we ate was 'the best thing I've ever had!'
For people thinking of a destination wedding, I absolutely recommend Sandals. They make it so effortless and stress free. Before we left, we had a few calls with a wedding coordinator. She ran us through all the extras and how we visioned our wedding day. We chose the free package. I really don't see needing anything more than that. You can add things here and there but the only extra we bought was another table so all of our guests could sit at the cocktail and hor dourve reception (the free package includes one that seats 8). The pastor was great and super sweet. I loved that he was serious, but also made it fun without being weird or inappropriate. We met with Renee, our on site wedding coordinator, and got to finalize location, food, and ceremony details. She was not pushy at all about getting any extras. The meeting ended with champagne and cake tasting. I got my hair and make up done at the salon. The girl's did an amazing job. It was kind of pricey (they do add on a 13% service fee--like a tax), but I did not want to have to do all that myself on my wedding day. My maid of honnor's husband is a photographer so he did our wedding pictures. I wasn't a fan of the on site photography. The style they take pictures in seems dated-just a personal opinion. We had our own music we put on a cd and they played in a big speak/amp looking thing. It worked well, but it was windy that day, so it was kind of hard to hear for our dances. After the free reception, the wedding party took pictures while the other guests hung out at the bar or went swimming. Then we met up for a dinner at one of the restaurants there. This worked ouy perfect. We didn't have to pay anything extra, we all got to sit together at a long table, and they decorated it with flowers. It was such a perfect day and we literally had to just show up. We did our rehearsal dinner like this too. Just making a reservation for everyone in the group at a restaurant.
More on the resort--you can go to the 2 other Sandals resorts in Montego Bay on their free shuttle that leaves once an hour. Tons of stuff to do. We went snorkeling, tubing, kayaking, swimming, hug out at the pool bars. They do have a nude side on the private island if you are feeling adventurous, or have enough cocktails to feel adventurous. There is food all day and night. Never had anything I didn't like. Tons of variety. The drinks are also really good. The bar tenders know what they are doing and make them taste good. They are strong, but don't taste like straight booze. All the rooms have a coffee pot and mini fridge that has pop, juice and water stocked daily. Beds are HUGE and really comfortable. I think the peacocks were in their mating season because they got pretty loud in the mornings. They were so fun to watch with their tails up and doing their dance for the ladies. You do hear airplanes, but its not a bother. They are not going off all day, not at all at night. The noise only lasts for a couple seconds. You are 15 minutes from the airport so its hard to avoid. The airport has a Sandals lounge where you can get a beer and snacks while you wait for the shuttle. People will take your bags to the shuttle that don't work for Sandals, and they expect a tip. We just kept a few dollars in our pocket so we wouldn't have to take out our wallets. Staff on the resort NEVER ask for tips or favors.
LOVE Sandals. Hated leaving. Had the wedding of my dreams and then we switched to the Sandals in Negril for our honeymoon so we wouldn't be with family. They provided a transfer for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean