My wife and I spent our Honeymoon at SRC in '88 and were a little concerned that returning after so long and having had so many other great holidays in between,we may have been disappointed - WE WEREN'T!!
The entire experience from Sandals dedicated arrival lounge at MBJ, to departure (be sure to book "Mobay Lounge" when leaving - additional cost, but free drinks, snacks & no queueing at security etc), was outstanding.
Checking-in to our Concierge room (see tips below), was smooth & quick, and we were unpacked & ready to go, less than 90 mins after landing!
The most outstanding feature of this relatively small (and as such, personal and friendly) resort, was,the staff team which, without exception, did everything possible to make our stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. It's perhaps unfair to single out individuals, but with apologies to anyone we miss, here are some of the highlights:
Firstly around the main pool (where we spent most of our time during the day!), a big thanks to: Everton, Jeffrey, Tremaine and Neville for looking after us! To Nicola and Ashelle for keeping us stocked-up with drinks (and friendly smiles!!) and to Albert, Jagan and all the pool-bar staff for keeping us entertained! Equally, at the beach bar & grill, we were royally served by Verna, Odain, Janice and their colleagues.
In terms of dining, whereas 25 years ago there was only the Regency restaurant (still very good!), this time we were spoilt for choice! The Royal Thai, on the island, was a culinary experience, which even had its own dedicated " Asian water taxi!" Our personal favourites were however: Eleanors (Caribbean cuisine), expertly served up by Delon, Ivan,Terrence (and Keith, the proactive Head Chef!) and La Jardiniere (outstanding French cuisine) - Andre was our favourite waiter here!!
In addition to all of this, we were also impressed by the Senior staff, who all adopted a "management by walking about" ethos and were always approachable and keen to help. Special mention here for: Oakley, Horrace, the ever-busy "Eric the Engineer" and the unbeatable Edris Rhodes (thanks for everything Edris - you don't look a day older than 25 years ago!!). It would also be remiss, not to recognise SRC General Manager, Louis Grant, who sets the standard for the approachability and willingness of all the staff.
Finally, the entertainment.....staff worked tirelessly to provide activities (for those who wanted them!) but did not impose on the more sedentary guests! Well done to Ginger and the team. Also the evening provision - diverse and top quality (if a little early) - The highlight of our stay has to be the two Monday night performances by THE SILVER BIRDS (DO NOT MISS!!) - a brilliant steel band that served up a visual spectacular that was brim-full of energy. the "White" and "Jamaican" theme nights should also not be missed!
If you are celebrating a special occasion, we would also recommend the Candlelight Dinner, on the beach (or in a pier-end cabana). The additional cost of this was well worth it - thank you Maria for looking after us so professionally!!
So, all in all, another memorable trip to SRC, which we would thoroughly recommend, soured only by the fact that we couldn't get our hands on a couple of "Sandals Select" tee-shirts, despite tireless efforts from the concierge staff. Maybe next time............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean