My husband and I chose this particular Sandals resort for our honeymoon after our travel agent highly recommended it. We chose an all inclusive vacation for this trip because we really wanted to relax, be pampered and just enjoy the all around convenience of having everything in one place and pre-paid.
The food was amazing. Better than any other all inclusive we've stayed at. I don't know what people in other reviews have found to complain about. We loved the food options. The breakfast and lunch buffets were always reliably delicious, the beachside grill serves great snacks and lunches, and the pizzeria was my husband's favorite.
*Tip- make reservations for the Thai restaurant, Le Jardinier or any other Sandals resorts restaurants (Stewfish at Mo Bay was great too) the first day you get there.
The drinks were also good. I'm more of a beer and whiskey person, so didn't get too excited about all of the fruity concoctions. I'm not a huge rum fan, but the Appleton Reserve aged rum (you have to request it) was my go-to drink.
Service was unbeatable. I've stayed at so many resorts before, but non other compares to the friendly staff here. Everyone is so friendly and nice, and after one day of being at the resort, every staff member I met remembered my name, what I drank and what I ate for the rest of the trip.
The private island was fun, and nice to get away from the main resort on a few different occasions. The private island pool and swim up bar was closed (maintenance) the entire time we were there, which was kind of a bummer. The beach chairs on the main beach and by the main pool fill up really quickly, but the island always seemed to have available chairs.
Nighttime - I've read mixed reviews here, but we LOVED the nights at Sandals. We would take in a bit of the nightly entertainment, but then always capped of the night at Cricketers (with Micah, best bartender!) and maybe a late night snack at the beachside grill.
Our room was a beachside luxury room, but was anything but luxurious. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in our room, and I'm usually pretty flexible and don't complain about the rooms. Our bathroom and room were tiny. I had to lay out a towel on the floor in the bathroom so I had a place to put my toiletries. There's absolutely no counter space. The rooms are dated, like others have mentioned in reviews, but I can deal with that. It was the lack of space that I didn't expect from the price tag associated with the stay. (Beds are super comfy though)
Also, we didn't have concierge service, so all we were allowed in our room fridge was juice and water. We asked if we could have some Red Stripe brought up, but were denied... It's all inclusive, I don't get it?
The beach. I did read about this before our trip, but didn't really care, or thought I'd care. I do really wish the beach was larger. The beach is pretty small and was always packed.
Beach chair wars with the towels. You have to reserve your chair by 7:30am to guarantee you get the spot you want. The pool area filled up really quickly, but we liked the beach better anyway. On several different occasions, we'd reserve our chairs with towels and our beach bag, go eat breakfast, and come back to find that other people would just move our stuff.
We had an iPad USB cord taken from our room. We spoke with a few people about this, and were told that it would be figured out before we left, after several apologies. When we checked out, we just got a shoulder shrug and they told us they didn't find it (like, no big deal). I guess I just assumed that if something is stolen from your room, there would be more done by management to get to the bottom of it.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. We ate and drank, relaxed and slept in. There's also a lot of fun activities, like paddle boarding, snorkeling and glass bottom boat trips. We did the deep sea fishing, which was the highlight of our trip. If you do go fishing, make sure you bring back your catch and the chef will prepare a FEAST for you. The staff are all amazing, friendly people that seem like they genuinely care about your well-being.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean