We stayed at this hotel from 19 January 2013, 2 weeks. The check in was uneventful and we asked for an upgrade but none were available for 3 days. Our initial room was average and I would rate it about 3 stars. Then it came to using the toilet and when flushed for the first time, it flooded the bathroom. We complained and were offered another room, which was an upgrade. This second room was so old and shabby that I immediately complained again. The decor appeared about 30 years old, furniture was old and in awful condition and wires hanging out of the wall. We complained again and the duty manager stated there were no other rooms available. He was shocked when I told him how much we payed for the vacation and expected more for a 5 star hotel. He stated that there was nothing he could do but would pass our complaint on to the director of customer services. The following morning we viewed another room over the main entrance which was ok. We were told that this was one of the newer rooms but again I would rate it about 3 to 4 star. After some more complaining we were offered a concierge room which apparently was 10 standards above what we had payed for. This room was again about 3 to 4 stars but we decided to accept due to its location and size. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The beaches were small and difficult to get beds. We found that if we got up early and placed towells on the loungers, the butlers would remove them and reserve them for their clients. The beds were £80/$160 per day to rent. Awful considering other hotels we have stayed in offered beach beds for free, for half the price to stay. The island certainly was not paradise. The beach is tiny and not white powder sand but hard and stony. On the positive side, the staff were incredibly friendly and never argued when we complained. The food was great but we found we had to book at least 5 days in advance to get any of the restaurants that required reservations. Again, very disappointing after staying at other hotels where no reservations were required. Overall we enjoyed our stay as the weather was great and the food very good. However, we have paid half the price to stay at other hotels and have got more than this resort can ever offer. It is far too expensive and is a 4 star hotel, at the very best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean