“Top Notch Entertainment!”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from SRC while celebrating our two year anniversary. This is the second trip we have made to the resort and we absolutely love it there. The people remembered us from the year before and are so friendly. We especially would like to thank Chico, Norda, Melody, Richie Rich, Hollywood and Theo for giving us a trip we will never forget! We were involved in every activity (pool volleyball, hotel scavenger hunt, limbo contest, battle of the sexes, couple's game, dance contest, the list goes on) and had a blast with the entertainment staff. This is the first time my husband and I actually participated in these events and we can't wait to come back next year and do it all over again! I also want to thank the concierge staff for making our stay fantastic, especially Nicole and Ian. You all spoil us and we are looking forward to see what next year brings.

Room Tip: The hotel overall is very quiet and relaxed. We would recommend a room in either Balmoral or Kensin...
1  Thank Nicole C
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We're so thrilled to read that you and your husband had another amazing vacation with us at Sandals Royal Caribbean. We always want to exceed the expectations of our guests but especially our return guests as they are already familiar with the high Sandals standard. Thank you so much for your review. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

We can't wait to welcome you back again next year!

Cassie C.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,713)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My new wife and myself arrived on October 29, 2012. We booked a Butler suite. Our Butler was Tamara. She was amazing. She went above and beyond to make us feel the love there. She surprised my wife with a rose pedal bath and flowers. Multiple times we arrived in our room to see towel art on our bed and took lots of pictures of it also. On our wedding night when we returned. she spelled out LOVE on the bed in green leaves and had rose pedals all over our bed for us and even took the liberty to order us some room service. When my wife became ill one day(to much sun and not enough fluids) she made sure that we had everything I requested so that I could treat her( Im a Paramedic). We were shown the facilities and then to our room. We ate at the Cricketer and the meal was to die for. We had some of our wedding party with us and the put us all in a small room. Let me say that The Entertainment crew will make this trip a blast for you and you never even have to leave the resort. The crew(Latoya. aka Melodie has so much talent that I fully expect to see her on TV or as a mega star touring some day. Not only can she sing so well you think your at a concert but that girl can out dance Shakira. Hollywood(West side) lol. A man with multiple talents.He reminds me of a dancer from the Step up movies. Chico the resident comedian. If you play any games and he is around. Give him a hug because they are good luck. Everyone that hugged chico at the ring toss got the ring on the bottle and won the prize. Theodore is an awesome dancer and great actor. Norda is a wonderful hostess and great dancer. Ricardo is a wonderful host.). If you get a chance to play pool volleyball then do so and if Melodie is around just toss her in the pool. She was one of the few that would also participate in the games with you. The food was amazing. The view from our room was breathtaking and the general staff at the resort was all about "one Love" and showing you care. Rodeny the cook in the Regency Made the best omelets every day, he finished each of them with a dap on the hands. The Mariner had such awesome food and choices as well as refreshing drinks. The wedding planner was very attentive also. Her crew and herself pulled of a beautiful wedding at the exact right time so that we had the Ocean Sunset with us. The tears flowed even with bystanders that watched from such beauty. We even had strangers stop us later and told us they were taking pictures of it because of how beautiful it was. Now for just a couple things we did not like at the resort and why we only give it a 4 out of 5. First we bought a Bridal Bliss package and paid $280 for it. They charge you an additional 12.5 % surcharge after your done but no one could explain what the surcharge was for. Our air conditioning in our room shut of in the middle of the night due to some timer and it made the first 3 nights extremely hot in there where we were sweating. They finally fixed it and our Butler made sure we had a fan that I requested. Again she was looking out for us. On our first nigh there we tried to order room service at 4 am again because we couldn't sleep and was hot. The room service staff answered the phone and took our order and said they would call us right back. Non the less they not only didn't call us back but never brought us our order. And the resort advertises 24/7 room service. On our last night there it took us 4 times calling down there before someone would even take our order. Customer service is key and some points they lacked in it. I wanted to use an ATM and the front desk clerk told me that she would only give me one Jamaican dollar for one US dollar. When they have it posted on the front desk they the exchange rate is $1 US= $88 Jamaican. We had to leave the resort and pay a taxi $10 just to go down the road to use an ATM that would give us American money. Also everyday I went down to check the balance on our room because sometimes some fee may pop up and you not know about it. I will also give mad props again to Our Butler Tamara. she saved us $90 by helping to steam out my wife's wedding dress before the wedding and she made sure my shirt was pressed. She also made sure to have A birthday cake for me during our Candle light dinner on the ocean. Overall it was a great resort. If they could just tweak those few problems than it could be a 5 star in my opinion. One last issue. My mother and her husband stayed in a room where the resort was doing construction work at their door a few days as well as wouldn't fix their broken toilet for them for at least 3 days. even gave them heck when they requested a plunger to try and fix it themselves. Kimberly and I love yall Tamara, Melodie,Chico,Norda,Ricardo, Hollywood and Theodore. We hope to return soon. Better informed this next time around... By the way. Expect to tip the Bus driver, and luggage handler at the airport. Also take some bills to tip some of the staff. It is not required but they do deserve it and most of them work hard to please you and show you the meaning of " One Love"

Room Tip: Corner rooms have an amazing view. If your AC goes out due to a timer make sure to have that adjuste...
1  Thank J0hn_and_Kimberly
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here 3-4 years ago, and the service was mediocre at best. However, we loved the resort so decided to give it another try - what a difference ! The service was absolutely first class, the staff cheerful and friendly, and the food seems to have moved up a notch too. Even Hurricane Sandy didn't spoil the fun (although it was a bit too windy for sailing !). We had such a good time, we've already booked to return next year - thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Unbelievable Staff, Food, and Entertainment!! - Royal Caribbean really knows how to treat their guests. We had the honour of staying at the resort for 2 weeks and when we left we made incredible friends, and wonderful memories!! The beach and pool staff (Tremaine, Jeffery, Velentie)- You 3 made our vacation wonderful, the knowledge you shared about jamaica from how families are raised and ocean life was incredible. Nicola, Cleveland,Albert, Andrei, Dalton our beautiful bartenders and chefs who was always there to take our orders or even for just a good conversation. Ricardo,Chad and Karim the three of you have made our honeymoon hard to forget with all the unbelievable pictures you took of us (355 pic's in total). Lily how can I ever forget you, our maid who i feel in love with and could not wait to see her every day, leaving our room spotless with always a beautiful towel design on our bed. Devon you have hand picked one hell of a staff you should be so proud of all your water sports team. If you are planning a trip to Jamaica and want to learn about the culture and language this place is paradise. Trust me you will enjoy your self beyond words can explain.
Trista and Glen Ball Room 6108- Lickle more (means LATER in Jamaican)

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sandals Royal Caribbean. We're so delighted to read that you enjoyed our exquisite dining, beautiful property and our warm, friendly staff. We always want to exceed the expectations of our guests and I'm happy we were able to do that for you. I will be sure to let the staff know about your kind mention.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Cassie C.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My hubby and I stayed for a week at SRC in October 2012. We booked a beachfront suite with butler service. On arrival we were introduced to Adia our butler and after a tour of the facilities, we were shown to our suite. We arrived in darkness, so it wasn't until the next morning that we got to see the view over montego bay and watch the sunrise. It was stunning. We also got to meet Flo, our other butler. We spent the whole week being pampered by Aida and Flo, relaxing in the sun on the beach, eating good food and drinking cocktails. We highly recommend the dirty banana! Aida also got us addicted to beef patties - these are a must! The girls couldn't have done enough for us. Leaving lovely treats in our mini bar each evening to nibble pre dinner, watching the sunset.
One complaint - our suite was 5408. It happens to be the suite facing the walkway and wedding gazebo. On our first day we had just got comfy on our sun loungers outside our suite, when we were asked to move by the wedding planner. She said there would be 5 ceremonies taking place throughout the day. We don't mind weddings - but what we weren't told, was that we would actually be in all the wedding shots if we lay on our beachfront or sat on our patio. We didn't want that and i'm sure the happy couples didn't either. It got a bit annoying by day 2 - and having paid such a high price, we were not happy being asked to find somewhere else to lie. We mentioned it to Aida our butler and while we were away on the private island the
next day to avoid the weddings, she moved us, without any fuss, to another suite. It was ideal. Suite 5210, upstairs with a balcony and well out of the wedding photos.

Other things to note - the private island was disappointing. It seemed a bit run down and in need of modernisation. The Royal Thai restaurant was just about average. We would stick to the mainland.

Entertainment was just ok. Though if you are going to relax it is just the place. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stay away from the wedding gazebo. Upstairs beachfront suites are the best rooms.
3  Thank Fiona N
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Returned to this resort again this year and had as great a time as last. Saw a lot of new workers and some of the same but all were as great and kind! They are there for everything you need or want! Had a lot of great food and fun activities!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visited SRC in October 2009 and had a blast. We say wedding after wedding and how nice it was. We than decided that was what we wanted to do. And on Saturday, October 13, 2012, we did. With 14 family, friends and resort guest looking on.

I'm going to name names as I try to remember them all. First, Nicholas, he was awesome and made sure we were well taken care of and immediately took us around the property to show the upgrades including our fabulous room. Andre was also awesome. He really looked after us and I still hear him saying to me "my lady is everything okay." He arranged transportation to take our family and friends to Rick's cafe.

Our wedding planner AWESOME!!!! First we were not aware of our appointment and they were looking for us. They saw us at lunch and said we had missed our appointment. But later that day Millcent (this, I'm sure is NOT how she spells her name), meet with us. We covered every detail of our day. She is very professional and helped with every decision. Even arranging a dinner for our guest that we had not discussed. We were going to be outside for dinner and was all set up and than it begin to storm. So they rearrange everything in the Regency and set us up at a grand table and extended our guest time who were there on a day pass. She even called before we left to check in on us and to say bye, because she was going to be off the day we left. Jerome and Tonya were our servers at dinner and an awesome job they did. Jerome keep the wine coming and everyone went right to sleep after dinner.

The entertainment team... Let me just say they were entertaining. Hollywood, Chico, the DJ and the rest of the gang were awesome and kept everyone moving in their seats. They are HIGH energy and LOVE what they do at Sandals.

Our house keeper was special. She had a smile on her face every morning we saw her. And she wanted to make sure we had everything we needed in our room. It always smelled nice and clean. We saw her mopping the floor every day. So we felt comfortable walking around our room without shoes.

Words could not even express how GREAT our weddingmoon was with Sandals. I'm advising everyone getting married or renewing their vows to go too Jamaica and stay at the Sandals Royal Caribbean & Private Island. The pictures online are true!!!

Room Tip: We had a suite in the center of the property. Awesome. Our wedding guest had a room with an awesome...
2  Thank Val J