This was the 4th time my husband and I have stayed at "Sandals Royal". Each year we intend to stay at another Sandals property but we always "go home" to the Royal. This time we were entitled to our free week having enrolled in their return guests programme on our first stay 9 years ago, so we stayed longer and it was worth it, all 18 nights of it. At no time were we wanting to go home even when it came to departure day. We were met on our arrival by Chandler one of the bell boys and Sheldon, Assistant Manager, who provided us with refreshing wet towels and welcome drinks. Our check in was fast and efficient. We were then personally taken to our room, very nice touch. We were upgraded to a room in the Sandringham building which had a beach view and was very handy not only for the beach but for the restaurants and bars. One of the first things we noticed was the improvement on service something we didn't think could be improved. Whilst on the beach we were constantly asked if we required drinks and our empty glasses were always cleared away before we could return them to the bar ourselves. This wonderful service was provided by the very smiley and happy Karlisha and Tracy Ann. Service in the restaurants was second to none. Tian in The Regency welcomed us every morning with a very enthusiastic and genuine "good morning". Michael the breakfast and lunch chef, rembered us from our previous stays and was as helpful as ever. Another member of staff who was very obliging in catering for our food and beverage requests was Shameisha, thank you Shameisha and Michael. All the staff at the Royal are wonderful examples of genuine peole who want you to have a memorable holiday and are willing to go all lenghts to provide excellent service, they are all truly amazing. Everyone smiles and they all give you a greeting. David on the front desk was always helpful, Teshawn on the returning guests programme always stopped and chatted, our housekeepers were all wonderful and it was a joy returning to our immaculately cleaned room each afternoon and to another folded towel masterpiece. We thoroughly enjoyed the returning guests dinner each week where we met with old and new friends. Another improvement/addition was the pizza bar. Adjacent to the Mariners Grill on the beach this was a welcome addition, one which we sampled regularly. We visited the neigbouring Sandals Montego Bay on several occasions either to dine or just to watch the talented playmakers and their entertainment. As for the playmakers at The Royal...what can I say.....we loved them. We did not get involved in many of the activities unlike so many others but we appreciated this talented group of young people. The entertainment they themselves provided to the shows they organised with outside performers were excellent. We loved the steel bands, the dancers and we are ardent fans of Rory. However, Chico is worth a mention all to himself. Always laughing or getting others to laugh, never a dull moment when he was around, he has even got his own signature dance.
Would we return to Sandals Royal again, yes we would, without a doubt. Mr Grant, General Manager and Sheldon are doing a wonderful job at this hotel and it is evident that the staff there are happy. If you have happy staff you have happy guests. Nothing is a bother, if you have an issue you are encouraged to let them know so that it can be addressed immediately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean