My husband and I stay at SRC from Oct 20th-27th to celebrate our first anniversary/make up honeymoon. We had received a credit towards a vacation after a disaster honeymoon at another Sandals location. This was our fourth Sandals and the last chance for our continued business and all I can say is that SRC was everything our honeymoon should have been.
We booked a Honeymoon Lagoon Suite Extraordinaire and stayed in room #26. The room was beautiful, modern, spacious and SPOTLESS. We had butler service and our butlers were Ellis and Hughill. These two were amazing and took such good care of us from coolers and chairs on the beach to afternoon snacks and arranging our day and pouring relaxing romantic baths after an exhausting day sitting on the beach.:-)
The resort is small and quaint which we really enjoy because we are going on vacation to relax. Every night there was some form of entertainment with mostly local talent which we enjoyed very much. If you are looking for night life and a party atmosphere this is probably not the resort for you although there is always those couple of people that are the life of the party and make for some interesting antics. Make sure to check out the Island they had a DJ on the beach and a party there one night and it was fun.
The food I would not rate as 5 star dining but I would not say the food was terrible. We are not food snobs though. Breakfast was always awesome.
The staff is amazing at SRC. We only came across one grumpy bartender who worked in the evening. Although everyone was great there are a few who we felt went above and beyond. Of course Ellis and Hughill...Michael (smiley face) for all the special breakfast requests and Jagen at the beach bar and all the shots that put us to bed early our first night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean