This resort was amazing! from the people, food, beaches, service, entertainment, rooms, pools, it was all top knotch. The service was excellent. The people are truly mindreaders there, you harldy ever have to even ask for anything they just know what you need before you ask.Everyone learns your name right away and they make you feel so special! The resort itself was beautiful and very clean. Our room was always cleaned and had turn down service. The atmosphere is very relaxing but also very fun. This is a very romantic resort where you can truly relax and let loose depending on your mood. The details were beautiful from the mahogoney wooden furniture and fans, to the emmaculectly kept gardens. The beach itself is small, but dont let that deter you because there is a private island with a large beach. The private Island housed a pool, hot tub, obviously a bar, a natural beach ( don't be scared most choose to stay clothed), and A Tai restauraunt. The island is the best place to snorkle, you will see tons of tropical fish, we saw blow fish even over here. We were there for a whole week and only 2 people got very minor jelly fish stings. The beach at the resort itself is small but very pretty with areas of shade and sun. The great thing to is you can hop on a five minute free bus ride to sandals montego bay and the have a large sprawling beach there. My boyfriend and I still liked the island the best though and the boat ride takes all of four minutes. There were many pools and hot tubs. The main pools hot tub was extremely hot which was awesome! What I also loved about this resort is that the hot tubs and pools stay open all night! We loved going for a 3am dip. You stay up late and sleep in, and the humudity takes care of the hang over. The food was amazing. There are many different types of restauraunts, Tai, Jamaican, International, An English Pub, and A bbq bar. They also have a big beach dinner once a week. All of the food was amazing, large portions and vary tasty. And for the late night munchies the beach bar opens from 12-3am. They have the best burgers I have ever had in my life. Also remember you can hop on a bus to the montego bay sandals for dinner, we went to the japanese restauraunt a very cool experience and great food! The activities were awesome to get certified for scuba diving it was 60 dollars I think and then you go with an instructor well worth it! We went in october and because it was hurricaine season the water was merkier than usual but we were still able to see lots when snorkelling and scuba diving, the only thing we didnt see well was the glass bottom boat ride but it was still an awesome tour! Going into town get a driver we drove around for about 2 hours and he only asked for 10 dollars. Our driver Clive was excellent, he escorted us in and out of every building and was like a security gaurd. The people do love the tourists but as a woman I would reccomend having a driver even if you have your honey with you, its safer and makes you feel more at ease. You will feel completely safe in the resort, there really isn't anything to worry about there. The manager of the resort was very nice as well he was not Jamaican but an American, and from what we saw it seemed like the staff really enjoyed there jobs and were treated well. This is a more intimate resort than monetgo bay sandals, montego bay is bigger and a bit more of a party scene. There is still plenty of partying to be done here though don't get me wrong. I highly reccomend this resort and hope to go back! Honestly I wouldn't waste my time with reading the complaints it honestly is a once in a lifetime trip I have travelled lots and stayed in many great hotels and this was the best trip I have ever been on, It's also very romantic, and I would reccomend it for couples only!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean