Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
7,882 results
All reviews sunset beach lazy river the grill jerk chicken italian restaurant grilled cheese water shoes sea urchins swim up bar kids club food was great family resort french fries hot dogs star resort adult pool gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stephen the entertainment coordinator was hand down the best. He really made my stay in Jamaica one to remember. His energy was pure and he has a real gift. Thanks Stephen I can't wait to come back to Jamaica and cross paths with you again. One Love !Beat Box King/Dancing Machine.

Trip type: Traveled with family
econcierge_susmb, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for choosing Sunscape Resorts and Spa Montego Bay as your host on your recent gateway to Jamaica.

It was an honor having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with us on Trip advisor.

We are looking forward to your return stay at your home away from home.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just got back with my family of 4 from this amazing resort tonight and had to leave a great review because this resort truly deserves it. Also I can't sleep.

Check in, a breeze.

Rooms are clean,bright and spacious. Big up Aneka, one love. I had a "deal of the day room" 2 double beds with a Marina View. Lots more to see from the balcony. And neat to see cruise ships coming and going. We had hot water so I don't know what the issue is with other reviews. Must be an isolated issue.

Buffet food is really good....really good. Never left there hungry. Also at the buffet was an island that had authentic Jamaican cuisine for tourists to try. I thought that was neat.

Pool loungers are now all cleaned/replaced for those who complained about that. Pool and water slides could use a makeover. but it works.

Shout out to Renika and Kevin at the Jerk Chicken Station at the Seaside snackbar. It's a tie between the both of you on who makes the best jerk. One love! Also served are hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, nachos and fries. All the condiments you need, they got.

A la cartes are good as well. The one that we did not try was the Gohan. Nothing on the menu sounded appetizing for us, but I'm sure was good. The other 2 were Jamaican Fusion and Portofino(Italian). These restaurants are not open daily. They each get their day to be open. No reservation required.

Entertainment was good. No complaints. Went to every single show except one night, Saturday, we were pooped. I was in bed at 9pm,lol.

Beach is rocky, so maybe bring water shoes.

Now onto Coco Café. Saved the best for last. This is by far the best feature of this hotel. Especially for families. A 24hr café that serves regular coffee & specialty coffees. Teas, cakes, mini sandwiches, slushies and ICE CREAM!!! This was a hit with my family. In no particular order, Patrice, Prencess and Fieando my family thanks you for your services. You three are the dream team for the café. Nothing but good vibes from all of you. You all put a big smile on this yardie's face, ear to ear. This was me spot to practice me patois and they loved it and didn't expect it from this guy. Lol So Big up to the team. Sunscape, take care of my brotha Fieando, he is someone special. It was hard saying goodbye to him. One love, respect. Lata brotha and sistas. See you tomorrow.

So for those who left or about to leave negative reviews let me say this. You are treated they way you treat others. Be polite, don't come of as rude or impatient. It's Jamaica, No Problem!!! Just situations. And those situations have solutions. So kick back, have an awesome stay at this family friendly resort. One love, Respect

8  Thank Bigbadbruin82

We are looking forward to your return stay at your home away from home.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beach is fair, little rocky. Food was exceptional, Alcohol and service exceptional. Staff are very friendly, go above and beyond. Rooms clean, bed uncomfortable and pillows small/lumpy. Apparently resort owned by some rich billionaire that is sucking everything they can out of the resort and not maintaining and fixing it up, needs some work.

Room tip: ocean view, higher the floor better to get away from noise
1  Thank 744jeannieh

Thank you for taking the time to share your important feedback with us!

We are convinced that it is only through carefully listening to our guests’ comments that we are able to improve our day to day operations and provide our guests with the service they truly deserve.

Thank you for sharing your review and we truly hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the resort after Christmas....for a family New Years getaway in the sun. We selected the resort mostly for the water park......to occupy our 6 year old.

The vacation wasn’t a failure, but we won’t be back, nor could we recommend it to others. Here’s my balanced assessment.

Cons:

1. The food was terrible. We stayed at the Cove....which gave us access to a limited access restaurant there. Breakfast was good, if ordered a la carte, but the buffet was small and poor quality. We tried other restaurants at the resort.....the Italian was terrible...the Seaside Grill was OK’ish.....and the buffet failed us multiple times, even though it had a very broad selection. We actually went next door to the Hard Rock one night to get a better meal....which says a lot right there. Sadly....my best meals were the oatmeal for breakfast, and a burger and hot dog for lunch on separate occasions. Two thumbs down on the kitchens.

2. The drinks....were not much better than the food. Drink beer when you’re there. Except for the gin....the alcohol was bottom shelf....at least the vodka and tequila. I’m blaming the quality of the ingredients here. The lobby bar at the Cove was more passable...as they had mid-tier products for vodka and rum. We switched to ordering half red wine with half OJ....to make a rough Sangria for the back half of the week. We couldn’t take another cocktail.

3. The beach. It appears man made...but it looks nice enough. The problem....was the smell. Think about a whiff between swamp gas or septic. It’s weedy....which makes for better snorkelling, but among the weeds, the bottom is sludgey, not sandy. There are a few strips of sand that are enjoyable to walk out on,..and that’s where you see everyone congregate. Our room at The Cove overlooked the beach....and sadly....we rarely used it.

4. Beach and pool chairs. Get them while they’re free. Hotel policy says that you can’t hold them unoccupied for more than 30 minutes. This rule was neither enforced nor obeyed. If you aren’t laying claim by 7:30 AM, you are not getting one.

5. Towels. They must have become scarce. I heard multiple complaints about room towels by the guests. We had 3 people in our room....and had 2 towels. I talked to another guest who had 4 people....and one towel. I am not sure why they were short. Two calls to room service, followed by promises of more towels, did not materialize in any being delivered. We relied on our Butler to drop off pool towels for us the night before. Pool towels, you have to queue for. I was happy we had an arrangement with our assigned Butler.....as I saw people lined up for more than 30 minutes in the morning to get pool towels. ...no doubt to mark their chairs as occupied in the morning.

6. Room. Very tight. Bathroom....one person at a time. Doors adjoining the neighbour’s room are poor sound barriers. Very noisy....so watch your voice level.

Pros:

1. We had great weather.. sunny and not too hot. Nice breeze.

2. Kids Club......our child loved it. Lots of arts and crafts and stage opportunities. The staff did a great job....freeing up mum and dad for some relaxation.

3. Water park/slides. We chose the resort for the park.....and it did not disappoint. The slides are tall and fast, and the lazy river has a good current.

4. Scuba. The rental equipment was in better shape than I would have imagined. The service was great. The dives themselves....were so so.....and for whatever reason, the dive master was determined to keep them to 45 minutes max. You’ll come up with plenty of air left.

5. Butler. If you stay at the Cove (beachfront rooms) they assign you a butler. Vinroy....helped us out with beach towels and dinner reservations. He was a great help. Two thumbs up for Vinroy.

6. Staff. The staff were generally quite friendly.

Summary:

My wife and I were disappointed with the above, but enjoyed good weather and a relaxing trip, so, as first mentioned, not a total failure. My daughter loved the kid’s club and the water park. She’ll tell you it was the best vacation ever. She would go back....we would not.

Management tips: Some of the issues are easily overcome....it just needs some small management interventions.

1. Invest in room towels. That you are shorting guests is crazy. There should be at least a towel per guest. You know who’s coming....plan ahead.

2. Place pool towel dispensers around the pools....to provide clean towels on demand.....and have receptacles for the used towels. People left them lying on chairs....which made them look reserved....or took them back to their rooms.

3. Address the chair issue. When I went to dive at about 7:30 AM and walked by the pools and along the beach, I estimate that 80% of the chairs were already claimed. ..with few actual occupants. You need more chairs.....and better policy enforcement.

4. Invest in better bar products. I’m not asking for top shelf. Mid-shelf would do. The drink quality was poor.

5. Investigate the food quality. The hotel ownership is Italian. Have them visit the Italian restaurant ..and tell me how it’s considered Italian.

The pictures below do the resort more justice than it deserves.

2  Thank sea2ski

Thank you for taking the time to share your important comments with us!

We are committed to our guests’ complete satisfaction and are truly sorry we could not leave this impression on you during your recent stay at our property.

Please note that we do take your feedback very seriously and our management team is diligently following up.

We sincerely are thankful for your review and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2020

First of all i must say that the pictures look like NOTHING on the website. Our first night the shower in my room didnt work for at least 15 hrs I couldnt shower. This looked nothing like a resort it looks like a water park instead.the rooms look like if we were still in the 80's.They only have one buffet. If you looking for a resort dont go to sunscape splash I regret this big time and i saw the reviews on the cheap Caribbean website and i should of listen
to them whoever is reading this dont make the same mistake trust me I did,DONT do it. if anybody is looking for a great resort that's worth it they to get something like bahia principe or dreams u wont regret that. That's an resort those resort will take ur breath away.i meant a great lady who's a staff in sunscape splash her name is melonie she was really helpful i love the way she took care of us she was really nice and great I would never forget how she spend time with my family.spending a whole week here was a waste of time still waiting on cheap Caribbean to call me to relocate me to another resort and still no answer

1  Thank Cgonell824

Thank you for taking the time to share your important comments with us!

Kind regards,