“family fun resort, best wedding ceremony, loved it!!!”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Caledonia, Canada
“family fun resort, best wedding ceremony, loved it!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Family of four had a wonderful time, we booked a small intimate wedding and was very excited with the results. Beautiful setting, awesome, pictures, and flowers, the staff went over and beyond to meet our needs helped with our small children when we were taking photos, brought all of us drinks and bubble guns for the kids to play with. The resort is beautiful, clean and food is good. Rooms are a bit dated kind of needs some reno but were clean. I recommend trying to stay in the rooms near the beach not the towers, them seem pretty far away especially if you have small kids. Tennis was wonderful, they had a professsional teaching daily. ùJamaican rum is strong so pace yourself!!! Photos are expensive though but the photographers take great pics so save up!! All in all great place best wedding place!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,444)
  • Polish first
Billerica ma
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I had read all the Reviews and was a bit concerned. When we got there we were greated with cold drinks and towells. The service was great the beach was a little rocky but only on one beach. My daughter loved the watter park, she also loved to feed the birds her French Fries in the nice open dinning area. The staff were great we had my daughter get her hair done and from that day on they remembered her name. the Childrens club was also great. in all this was a great trip for the price. We generally would do a cruise but I think we will be returning to this location again this year.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I just returned from Sunset Beach on the weekened and I must say all the poor reviews I read before going down were all wrong in my eyes. My friends and I had an aweomse time down there. We found the staff to be absolutely friendly and if you did tip them they took well care of you. I found Raymond and Charles to be the best bartenders.

The rooms arn't the greatest but how often do you really spend in them anyways.

What I will say is that you make your own trip, the nightlife on the actual resort isn't the best but if your with the right people you can make it a good time. We met some some cool people from both Canada, USA, and Wales.

If anyone has any questions they can send me an e-mail on here and I will definitly answer it.

• Stayed February 2010
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2010

location = safe, secure
rooms = clean & comfy
beach = nice view
food = great esp. the italian restaurant
fitness center = has an amazing view of the beach

had a wonderful vacation at sunset!
had some dislikes, but just try to make the best of it =)
enjoy!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mandm722
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel! Good food ,several resteraunts, good live entertainment, ecellent service!! Cost wise very economical!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
new york
Reviewed February 21, 2010

The service at the hotel was a hit or miss. Some staff were very pleasant and helpful while others were sarcastic and not attentive. For an all inclusive resort, i felt like most of the staff were looking for a tip; very uncomfortable in an all-inclusive atmosphere. The food at the restaurants were good, i would reccommend booking a reservation for the restaurants upon arrival. The buffet was ok, but nothing spectacular. The hotel offers many activities for children.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
qualityscope, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your views on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the food. It is a good idea for persons to secure reservations at one of our three specialty restaurants as soon as they check in. Guests are allowed to book up to two days in advance.

At Sunset Resorts we offer a wide range of activities guaranteed to keep both children and adults entertained and in keeping with this mission; our theme for 2010 is “Get your Fun On”.

The negative comments about our staff are not typical and cause us great concern. We will pay close attention to this issue and also undertake some retraining exercises to curtail and correct this matter.
Chicago
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Hello,

As for my profile: I am from the south side of Chicago and have served and deployed with our US Army so I understand some of the struggles and victories in life.
With this experience, I can relate to the luxury and hustle of this resort / country.

The resort is great. Although it isn't perfect, due to the small beach with seaweed and rocks about 5 to 7 paces into the water, the food is good and plentiful, the service is sincere and my room had a great view of the bay and mountain side (not a ocean view room).

Respect is essential because we had no intention to stay on the resort for our whole trip. When we looked for trips, we knew the resort people would give us escalated prices so we spoke to the independent drivers at the front desk area and the taxi drivers outside the gate. I didn't trust the taxi drivers outside the gate because I thought the tour drivers inside the gate had more to lose if they didn't honor their trip promises.

Anyway, we set a budget for our trips and took this information to the drivers. We spoke to several of them between the day we got there and the next morning. Our problem was that we were two people and the driver wanted a certain price that could have been split easier between four people. We talked one driver down after he saw us talking with another. He met our budget and we were good. :) I think we got what we wanted because we didn't fight or look down on the driver as though we were better than he since we where his customers (mutual respect).

Once off the resort. I found beauty, a little better food, great experience and what I thought were good deals. Make no mistake, the best price on rum and other spirits is at the duty free store in the airport. I tried the drug store (second best) and the grocery store (third best). I bought my rum at the free port market and got screwed compared to the duty free shop where my girlfriend got her stuff.
I say respect is essential because I think the people around the country treated me well because I treated them well. They hustle for a living like we do so just show them the respect the we would like to have, then have a budget for your experience and everything will be ok... :)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica

Been to Sunscape Splash Montego Bay? Share your experiences!