I stayed at the Sunset from July 23/2006 until August 13/2006. I was there on work/vacation...working graveyard Monday-Friday, which gave me some great time during the day times.
Very average...I stayed in the East wing, and for $140.00 US a night, I was disappointed. Dark, dingy rooms, with nothing more than a bed, TV, and chair. Add the fact that the reception on the TV is TERRIBLE (I know, who watches TV on vacation)...
Not much variety, birds flying around looking for morsals, not opening when they were scheduled (breakfast hours were 7-10, but they NEVER opened before 720 AM) were the downsides.
The upsides were that you could get a bite to eat almost always (except in that 700-720 time frame).
You have to get an omelet...they are to DIE for.
Maids do a terrible job cleaning the room (no towels, no facecloth, no toilet paper, no soap, no BEDSPREAD even) are examples of different things they DID NOT leave me on various nights (NO BEDSPREAD...I mean really). On top of this, they are very slow...many times I was out for 2-3 hours and came back with no room made up...SIGH.
Guest Services was FANTASTIC...friendly, knowledgable, and all around nice people.
Bartenders and servers were very helpful too.
Front desk was slow and unhelpful.
Operators were down right RUDE and slow when you called them from your room.
Wake up calls were a joke...I asked for 5 or 6, but only got 2...both were late.
AMAZING...I loved the beaches most of anything. The Au Natural Beach is great. I spent a number of days there...there is not a large crowd, a bar very close, and you can either disrobe as you enter this beach, or if you are shy, you can wait until you go down the other end...And there are not many people trying to steal looks either, which is a nice change.
Snorkling and Kayaking is geat too.
Watch out for jelly fish and sea urchins...they are in the water, and if you are on the less used areas (such as au natural), they are much more common.
AMAZING...fun for all ages.
All in all, it was ok. I went for the weather more than anyting else (such as room, food, etc)...and even when the weather did not co-operate, it was a nice place to be (Jamaica I mean, not the resort).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort