Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$614
$515
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$217
$152
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$205
$182
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$353
$269
Official Website
  • Pool
El Greco Resort(Montego Bay)
$100
$91
Hotels.com
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$327
$293
  • Pool
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$374
$328
$80
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$259
$214
  • Breakfast included
6,940 results
All reviewssunset beachwater parklazy riverthe grilljerk chickenitalian restaurantpirate shipgrilled cheesewater shoesswim up barkids clubsea urchinsfood was greatfamily resortfrench frieshot dogsstar resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The experience we had at this hotel was excellent. The food was good even for a buffet ! They had awesome jerk chicken and for a picky child they went out of their way every night to make a special meal for us! The pool was closed every evening after5 for cleaning and was so much fun . Our room had a great quiet air conditioner. Also a gorgeous view of the ocean. I felt reassured that my kids were well looked after in the kids club, as the ladies there were sweet kind patient and fun. It gave us parents a nice break to enjoy some couple time. Great trip for a awesome price. Starting to plan a return trip.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Anita S
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have recently returned from 2 weeks at this hotel. The staff all around the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Great value for money. The hotel is right on the beach so has amazing views from the rooms. The Entertainment team are very good and have activities for all ages. There was queues for certain items at the buffet but the staff were great and the wait was not as long as it looked. I am will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank traveldaft93
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Arrived at this hotel on May 23rd at around 10am with an early flight. My son is 4 year old and taking naps during the day, that day he was up since 4 o’clock in the morning…. Our check-in experience was absolutely terrible. We were sent away and asked to come back and check if the room was ready every 15 minutes, practically wait around the lobby until 2:45 pm. If they would’ve said, your room will be not available to you until 3 o’clock, I would’ve dig out the bathing suits and make the best of it. But between system down, room cleaning not answering their call, receptionist going up to check on the room, we heard it all. This was only the beginning. Food was never enough, didn’t matter what meal you had. Once the serving tray was empty there was a big chance that it would not be refilled. If you don’t have enough just don’t offer it at all. Somebody asked me if I tried the sea food?!? What sea food, there was only one tray and then gone. The lines were all over, there was only one poor guy making the omelet and the line was out the door, he could not handle. The people working there must be miserable, nobody has a smile.
Pool water was dirty, full of everything; we’ve been to resorts where every night the pool was closed and disinfected, not here.
A la carte restaurants were ok, we tried them all. At least we didn’t have to wait in lines.
The rooms were standard, had a nice view, ok overall, and clean. We tipped the cleaning lady every day vs. at the end and this always helps. Very, very noisy though. Rooms are very close to each other you hear very loudly every door slam and all the constructions going on downstairs or in the castle.
They allowed us to check out late, at one o’clock, which was one of the very few nice things. But even that when first asked at the reception they said no, after that my husband asked Noel, which is one of the managers and he said yes.
My son loved the slides and the lazy river and the water sports.
Not going back and do not recommend this place either.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank M S
Natalie B, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear M S

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your vacation with us. We are very disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. In speaking with your family prior to your departure, they had informed us that they had a great time. We know that your son was a favourite of many of our staff.

Your interaction with our Front Office staff is certainly not typical as our guests are always checked in on arrival to facilitate them enjoying all the amenities of the resort even if the room is not yet available. It should be noted that the standard check-in time at resorts universally is 3pm. However, we do our best to accommodate our guests earlier once the assigned room is ready. We note that an offer was made to use an alternate room until your assigned room was ready which you refused.

All pools are closed for treatment every evening and all are further vacuumed every morning with on-going treatment throughout the day. These are standard operating procedures. We certainly apologise for the inconvenience caused as a result of repairs being undertaken to enhance the overall guest experience we offer. We are indeed disappointed that your concerns were not expressed during your many discussions with members of our team.

We acknowledge that with a buffet there will be lines and trays will need to be replenished from time to time; however our food and beverage team strive to ensure all our guests are well fed by presenting healthy and nutritious menu options that are balanced to satisfy the palate of all our very discerning guests who all have varied culinary expectations.

Once again, we regret that your vacation was not all that it could be and do hope that you will return again and give us the opportunity to host you and your family.

Always at your service,
Natalie Boreland
cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am over 60 and have been on many vacations. This was by far the best so far in my life. It was breathtaking, beautiful and very accommodating. I did not expect the high class service that my group received. We had a group of 40 and everyone had a great time. I jumped off the cliff at Rick's Café in Negril. I can only give my experience which was absolutely fabulous. You will not regret choosing Sunset Beach Resort, spa & Water Park for your next vacation. I have to go back because my vacation was only 5 days. I had so much fun doing so much stuff that I never made it to the spa and water park. I still can't believe how that happened because I am a water person. This sounds crazy, but I never made it to the beach at the resort either, but I did make it to the pools. I visited other beaches through the really nice excursions that are offered. Just remember to shop around because excursions are extremely competitive.

Room Tip: My group had the lowest priced rooms and they all had balconies and were nice, so I can only imagine that the more expensive ones must be nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Valerie C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love my stay at the hotel and the helpful friendly staff.I cannot wait to return for another visit.The resort had a lot of activities for all ages and the wedding there was
beautiful and a beautiful beach background. All those with me enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed: May 2014